An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Has Finally Delievered Me Onto A Truth

GodChaser

You guys know I keep on talking about all these crazy occult and conspiracy stuff.

While I was reading the bible.

[quote name='God in Matthew 7:1-2' date=' KJV'][size=7]Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.[/size][/quote]

I've come to realize something about all my worrying, and all my researching. It doesn't really matter. The seven seal judgements are about people passing their judgements onto Christians, and God taking revenge on our behalf. The people who want to enslave and destroy humanity and Christianity will in turn be destroyed. Praise God.

That is exactly what I believe the seven seal judgements are, they are God judging the people who judge Christianity and the people who follow it.

What are you thoughts about the seven seal judgments?

Edited by GodChaser

I admire your vocalization of this epiphany. I've read revelations from beginning to end as well as been to a bible study on it. The Seven Seals are a literary figure which was understood by our first century brethren as a sign of hope in their time of persecution under the Roman authorities. In saying that, such biblical writing is timeless, and could mean many things. My thoughts are still going about the book of revelation. I think it can be seen in even the smallest parts of our lives, not necessarily the global perspective that many non-Catholics like to have.

Maybe. Who knows? I remember that priest who led the study said "don't treat the book of Revelations like a ouija board". It's true. It's not some sort of mysterious formula to revealing the future. It is a holy book that contains hope for many people.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

[quote name='kafka' post='1292078' date='Jun 10 2007, 03:54 PM']I dont agree with that interpretation . . .

I think they are actual events that will occur in the future.[/quote]
I agree with both you and SMM.

They are global events that will take place, but the judgement doesn't fall on Christians, who obey what Jesus tells them to do in the word, but those who are disobedient to God.

The third is a famine, and that is just about to happen, with the sudden drop in Commericial Bee Populations in the US.

But they are symbolic as well.

I believe all of this is being manufactured by the elite, because they want most of humanity out of the way. What they don't get is, because they want us out of the way, it is they who get out of the way. That way the meek inherits the Earth, and the proud, haughty elite get judged by God.

So, I have come to the realization/revelation, just sit back, relax, take your stand against the darkness, and allow the darkness to destroy themselves when they come against you, because God is the one who is fighting this war, not us.

I dont agree with that either. The tribulation is for the whole world Christian and infidel alike. The cause of it is sin, and of course the whole human raise has a solidarity to it. That is why the innocent suffer because they are victims to the sins of others.

No one can escape these sufferings, but at the same time there will be many holy saints and the Church will be very holy.

Revelation was written for first century Christians in apocalypitc code at a time of severe persecution.

Do y'all think the early Christians just disregarded the Apocalypse (Book of Revelation) and said, "Oh, well, why read it? This doesn't apply to us. It's for the 21st century."

The Catholic Church teaches that it applies to the end times. As to whether it also applied to the first century, much evidence shows that it did as well. Scriptures can have layers of meaning. Many of the prophecies about Christ also applied to Old Testament figures, it doesn't take away anything from the fact that they were prophesying Christ.

[quote name='kafka' post='1292227' date='Jun 10 2007, 06:55 PM']I dont agree with that either. The tribulation is for the whole world Christian and infidel alike. The cause of it is sin, and of course the whole human raise has a solidarity to it. That is why the innocent suffer because they are victims to the sins of others.

No one can escape these sufferings, but at the same time there will be many holy saints and the Church will be very holy.[/quote]
I agree we will have to go through it all, and it will be difficult, and we will suffer.

But here's the thing, while I am suffering because some elite sickos want me, you, and everybody here to die, I get to sit back, relax, and say -

"Lord, there are men in the world who want humanity to die because they think we are inferior to them. I want to thank you in advance for bringing judgement on them, because as they judge us, so you will judge them in the same measure."

What a wonderful consellation. I know what is going on, and what will happen after.

Doesn't mean I won't suffer through it though.

[quote name='kafka' post='1292307' date='Jun 10 2007, 07:58 PM']that is a very fine attitude[/quote]
Thank you.

You have a good attitude as well.

KnightofChrist

The Apocalypse is a revelation of the things [b]that were, are and will be[/b]. We are actually witnessing some of the events foretold in this book, but many still lie in the future. It is Christ who commands John to write to the seven churches, opens the seven seals, reveals the sufferings of the saints, opens the little book, overcomes the beast, reigns during the period of the first resurrection, judges the dead, both great and small, according to their works at His Second Coming, rules over all things from the beginning, presides over all the changing scenes of earth's history, and is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

The book presents Christ as the Coming One: it reveals the dealings of Him who came, and who is to come. It opens with the solemn hope that the Coming One will come soon, and closes with the impressive prediction that the Coming One will come quickly.

The book is one of hope, but also one of warning; its aim is to assure the Church of the advent of her Lord in victory. The precise time of this victory lies hidden with God, but it is certain, although the crown will not be won without a struggle. Heaven will be stormed and carried away though suffering and conflict. And all who keep the words of this book will take part in the conflict and share in the victory.

The conflict is presented under the form of symbols. It is not easy to give a full interpretation of all the types, but the general symbols are not difficult to understand. Jerusalem stands as the type of the good cause, and this is the Church of Christ. Babylon appears as the type of the evil cause, and this is the world power. The heavenly Jerusalem has the assistance of the divine power. The earthly Babylon has the help of evil powers, the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. The scenes in the great conflict arrange themselves around theses types of good and evil. The numbers, the seals, the trumpets and the bowls are phases in the development and consummation of the conflict.

John has arranged the scenes in a sevenfold structure; even in the subordinate vision he keeps to the arrangement.

The book was written in Greek by St. John the Evangelist, on the island of Patmos, about the year 96 A.D.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Thats the nature of the spirit world. What you do now will come back in the future. If you put up greed, someone who is greedy will take it away from you, eventually. If you hate, eventually hate will find you.

That is why we need to lay up our treasures in heaven, so that those treasures will come back down on us.

And in the end, we get a crown of glory, if we survive to the end.

That is why a close relationship with the lord matters. You can't coast through the great tribulation. You have to suffer through it, and many will fall away because of it. Especially pre-tribbers.