An Old School Catholic Message Board

Alter's Birthday

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Thanks to everyone who posted comments and PMed me wishing me a happy birthday, a simple little thought like that means very much. I am the BIG 18 - I spent my birthday yesterday at a convent in Saint Paul, Minnesota, the Sisters in Jesus the Lord, they didnt even know I was going to be there, I got dropped off by my "Wine Sales Rep." Brother at 9:30 in the morning, if you have any questions at all about it or what went on I would be happy to answer your Q's.

I know I should post this in the Open Mic, but being here on phatmass since 2005 I've fallen in love with the phamily here in the vocation station and the sisters of whom I know very well, the ones I dont, the priests and the spontaneous user-names have played a huge part in my life, spiritual and non spiritual, I have gained a deeper and better understanding of God and through the work of the Holy Spirit through everyones prayers, thoughts and fingers help has always arrived in my times of trial. Everyone has been there for each other, which is a great link in the body of Christ, each one of us is a single link of this body no matter how much we sin, then we all come together united in His holy Eucharistic Love, we are a community - yes it may be virtual most of time except when God wills that two or more of this body to meet in real life, whether its at a SMME retreat, the Institute on Religious Life, NCYC, Steubenville North, Vocations Camp, or any other event. Alot of us have been blessed to meet other members of this body, and I am deeply grateful that God permitted that to happen. We are able through this great phourm to help each other to get a gist of what goes on good or bad daily, we are able to help each other in our discernment of marriage, priesthood, consencrated life, single life, or lay life, and we help each other to understand where and what God may be calling us to. In my almost two years of being on phatmass I have to say my favorite thing and light that emerges is the welcoming of people and saying goodbye to those who have entered or are going somewhere else. Making people feel welcomed is important as well as sending those who go on to pursue whatever God asks of them with our heartfelt thoughts, prayers and virtual hugs.

Thanks phatmass and the vocation station and a particular thanks too Sister Mary Catharine, Sister Mary Michael, Sister Colleen, Sister Maria, Sister Jac, Brother Mark and those others on the phourm and off the phourm who have entered or have not yet, and last but not least thanks to my phamily. :lol:

HeavenlyCalling

Happy Birthday!!! And I could be mistaken, but isn't it the last one you have with the pham?

Belated birthday greetings. And I think it is highly appropriate you post this with us, you are a big part of vocation station. Would not be the same if you posted open mic. Hope you had an awesome day and a growthfilled year.
Alicemary

Lioness For Christ

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1294839' date='Jun 13 2007, 10:10 PM']Nope might have one more here on the pham.[/quote]

Again, happy birthday! And what do you mean? Is that because you're going to join SMME soon? ^_^