Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 (edited) I am convinced that the shows on during the summer are so much better than during any other time. I have been consumed with Last Comic Standing and America's Got Talent. Anyway, on AGT tonight it was pretty dull until this one guy came out with a guitar...simple man..didn't expect much...he blew everyone, including the judges, completely away. Phenomenal. A guy named Cas Haley [url="http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/#mea=121441"]http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/#mea=121441[/url] the video is not working yet, but when it does, definitely check him out. He is a stay at home Dad. Between him and the ventriloquist, I was incredibly impressed. The judges also liked a girl by the name of Butterscotch...a human beat boxer... Edited June 20, 2007 by Theologian in Training
Sojourner Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 I totally thought you were going to announce you were going to be on the show ...
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1298778' date='Jun 20 2007, 12:59 AM']I totally thought you were going to announce you were going to be on the show ...[/quote] That.......would be scary. Besides, I don't have talent like the good ones on there
Sojourner Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298781' date='Jun 19 2007, 11:03 PM'] That.......would be scary. Besides, I don't have talent like the good ones on there[/quote] Well, at least you'd be unique. I can't imagine there are many priests who moonlight as clown jugglers.
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1298782' date='Jun 20 2007, 01:04 AM'] Well, at least you'd be unique. I can't imagine there are many priests who moonlight as clown jugglers. [/quote] BTW, I got the schedule...gonna be a very busy week
CrossCuT Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [size=1]I think the judges are morons, and I think the entire show is really really stupid. [/size]
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1298792' date='Jun 20 2007, 01:15 AM'][size=1]I think the judges are morons, and I think the entire show is really really stupid. [/size][/quote] Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, really check out tonight's...the guy Cas Haley, prolly one of the best acoustic versions of Sting's "Walking on the Moon" I have heard.
Sojourner Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298789' date='Jun 19 2007, 11:11 PM']BTW, I got the schedule...gonna be a very busy week [/quote] Will you have time to fit in a small visit at some point?
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1298798' date='Jun 20 2007, 01:26 AM']Will you have time to fit in a small visit at some point? [/quote] Actually, yes, but it would have to be on Sunday, because we have to be out by 11:30 AM, and I have nothing to do that day because my flight isn't until Monday at 9:00 AM. Originally, I was just going to stay at the retreat house another night, but I figured it would prolly be better to stay near the airport so I don't have that far to go on Monday. I will prolly just stay in a hotel near the airport. So, to answer your question, yes. BTW, you could also see the entire group of clowns, from the most amateur to the most professional at Sturges Park that Saturday, the 14th at 6:30 PM. I am sure the hs children might enjoy that as well Oh, BTW, check the link now, it is up...and even better the second and third time
dUSt Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 I watch America's Got Talent for one reason, and one reason only...
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 I just watched it again and again...his story is amazing. He is a stay at home Dad at 26, married, and the only reason he came on the show was to win the million in order to build a house for his family. He is from Arlington, Texas He is also now on youtube..what a humble man with an inspiring story [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4299151771437329567&q=cas+haley&total=74&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...h&plindex=0[/url]
Sojourner Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298812' date='Jun 20 2007, 12:08 AM']Actually, yes, but it would have to be on Sunday, because we have to be out by 11:30 AM, and I have nothing to do that day because my flight isn't until Monday at 9:00 AM. Originally, I was just going to stay at the retreat house another night, but I figured it would prolly be better to stay near the airport so I don't have that far to go on Monday. I will prolly just stay in a hotel near the airport. So, to answer your question, yes. BTW, you could also see the entire group of clowns, from the most amateur to the most professional at Sturges Park that Saturday, the 14th at 6:30 PM. I am sure the hs children might enjoy that as well Oh, BTW, check the link now, it is up...and even better the second and third time [/quote] Sweet! Hsmom and I will be in touch. signed, your faithful stalkers
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1298990' date='Jun 20 2007, 02:52 PM']Sweet! Hsmom and I will be in touch. signed, your faithful stalkers[/quote] ummm....ok
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298895' date='Jun 20 2007, 11:01 AM']I just watched it again and again...his story is amazing. He is a stay at home Dad at 26, married, and the only reason he came on the show was to win the million in order to build a house for his family. He is from Arlington, Texas He is also now on youtube..what a humble man with an inspiring story [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4299151771437329567&q=cas+haley&total=74&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...h&plindex=0[/url][/quote] Can't stop watching him...he is just amazing
Lil Red Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298796' date='Jun 19 2007, 10:23 PM']Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, really check out tonight's...the guy Cas Haley, prolly one of the best acoustic versions of Sting's "Walking on the Moon" I have heard.[/quote] agreed - very awesome! my hubby and i both loved him. i thought he sounded a little like ben harper
Theologian in Training Posted June 20, 2007 Author Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1299019' date='Jun 20 2007, 04:17 PM']agreed - very awesome! my hubby and i both loved him. i thought he sounded a little like ben harper[/quote] I listened to his band and a few more of his songs. This guy can go really far and should!
melporcristo Posted June 20, 2007 Posted June 20, 2007 [quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1298895' date='Jun 20 2007, 07:01 AM']I just watched it again and again...his story is amazing. He is a stay at home Dad at 26, married, and the only reason he came on the show was to win the million in order to build a house for his family. He is from Arlington, Texas He is also now on youtube..what a humble man with an inspiring story [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4299151771437329567&q=cas+haley&total=74&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...h&plindex=0[/url][/quote] I saw last nights AGT and Cas blew me away!! The Shakira boy was definately a no-no. NO-NO. I was scandelized. Oh TV ...
dUSt Posted June 21, 2007 Posted June 21, 2007 I'm from Arlington and I've never met that guy. Maybe I've seen him in a grocery store or something.
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2007 Posted June 21, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1299137' date='Jun 20 2007, 08:44 PM']I'm from Arlington and I've never met that guy. Maybe I've seen him in a grocery store or something.[/quote] Obviously you need to meet him, convert him if he's not Catholic, and bring him to phatmass
Theologian in Training Posted June 21, 2007 Author Posted June 21, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1299137' date='Jun 20 2007, 10:44 PM']I'm from Arlington and I've never met that guy. Maybe I've seen him in a grocery store or something.[/quote] Well, he is saying he is from Arlington, but, apparently, friends and family are leaving messages on the boards saying they all know he is from Paris, Texas. So, I think he may just be saying Arlington, for a little sense of privacy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now