An Old School Catholic Message Board

Olam

Jennifer

The Sisters at OLAM are to be congratulated on their new and updated Website. It is full of information on this wonderful Community.Their most informative Newsletter is now available online............. There are lovely photographs of two blood sisters who entered in May.......... Sr Mary as an Extern Sister and Sr Theresa as a Cloistered Nun.This must have been wonderful for their family.

[url="http://www.olamshrine.com"]http://www.olamshrine.com[/url]

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1300125' date='Jun 23 2007, 08:53 AM']The Sisters at OLAM are to be congratulated on their new and updated Website. It is full of information on this wonderful Community.Their most informative Newsletter is now available online............. There are lovely photographs of two blood sisters who entered in May.......... Sr Mary as an Extern Sister and Sr Theresa as a Cloistered Nun.This must have been wonderful for their family.

[url="http://www.olamshrine.com"]http://www.olamshrine.com[/url][/quote]

I wish I liked the new site...but I don't. I find the text too small and cramped. It's nice to see the updated photos, though. There is a nice photo of Sr. Mary Paschal. When she came here with a friend who was discerning a vocation we KNEW she had a contemplative vocation. Sure enough. She entered OLAM and her friend entered Nashville! I hope they put up more photos because they are always so nice to see. We just got the latest newsletter yesterday.

Heavens, you are right Sr. Catharine, I can barely read the text in some of the areas. If I have to squint to read something, I don't. But I guess I have old eyes!

Mary-Kathryn

[size=5]Even my bi-focals don't help much...maybe it's the background color as well as the size of the print? Or perhaps it's not meant for eyes this old <_< [/size]

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' post='1300163' date='Jun 23 2007, 05:44 PM'][size=5]Even my bi-focals don't help much...maybe it's the background color as well as the size of the print? Or perhaps it's not meant for eyes this old <_< [/size][/quote]

[size=4][font="Arial"]On reflection, I agree that the print size is on the "small side".However,I'm sure that the designers want the site to be visited by everyone. !! There's no age discrimination intended !!

Should we take a vote on the design ?[/font][/size]

Edited by Jennirom

Mary-Kathryn

I was thinking later there must be some kind of cost when considering the size of the website? Maybe that's why it was important to keep as much as they could to one page? I will say one thing, it does have an elegant look to it with the gold and the way they have everything nicely divided. It's just too difficult for me to read antyhing.

But truth be told, without my glasses I wouldn't recognize one of my own children :lol_roll:

TotusTuusMaria

J.M.J.

As far as the page goes I liked the old background better, but there is so many beautiful new things! The music and the sisters singing is just soooooo beautiful. I also like the new pictures they put up of the shrine. There was never a really good one of the inside. Also, did they just make that site for the Knights? I had never seen it before. It looks great. I also think the new section on the Mass is going to be something really special. I am excitied to see what they put there. I like the new way of viewing pictures. It is all new and updated and pretty!

In Jesus and Mary,
Marie

+

I just found-out that Sister Maria Francesca of Jesus, Our Eucharistic King, who is making her

First Profession on August 14, 2007, is from our parish!

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1300145' date='Jun 23 2007, 10:49 AM']In the photo gallery... who is in the picture with Sr. Mary St. John? :idontknow:[/quote]

Sr. Mary Agnes is in the picture with Sr. Marie St. John. :)