An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question For Women Discerning Religious Life Or Are Already In Religio

tvu_srfan

Question for Women Discerning Religious Life or Are Already in Religious Life  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deus te Amat

right now i'm 17... i guess you could say i've been discerning for 2 years... but i think my soul has had a longing since i was very young....

i'm going to be a senior in high school... i am fairly certain that i will be going to college, because of ACT and AP score results, and the fact that my parents are basically unsupportive of my possible vocation...

my vocation right now is as a daughter and a student... I hope and pray that the separation gained when i am at college will open my parents up to the possiblity or reality of me becoming a Religious Sister.

this is actually pretty neat :D i hope others post as well

be_thou_my_vision

I put "other" on the last question because I am entering this fall... so I'm not really in school, but it's not like I quit and don't know what I'm doing next. :)

moon_child_anne

I learned about religious life by accident while I was in highschool. The vocation director of one of the communities came by to tell the story of their foundress, St Julie Billiart. I fell in love with the story and wanted to know more. Met with the vocation director a few times and she told me if I'm still interested in a few years to call back. Well I did. Then found out after 3 years discerning with that community that it wasn't for me.

Now I am living with the Sisters of Notre Dame and am a candidate (that's the step before postulant). We'll see if this is where God wants me to be.

I felt a "call" in elementary school. Thought about it more during high school. Discerned God's will was for me to go to college. Discerning religious life (still) as a graduate student now.

my EVERYTHING!

I'm not in the US or anything, so the whole college thing doesn't exactly apply, but for me I felt called while very young. I just finished High School and am going to CEGEP. It's pretty much the last year of high school and the first year of university. Then I will probably join right after I join - I'm already discerning with a specific community and am probably going to spend a month with them next summer.

I had graduated college in 2005 and was working full time at an accounting firm when I felt my call. I was constantly yearning to do something "more" with my life. Now I am preparing to enter the IHM order in September! :yahoo:

Edited by Tina