Deus te Amat Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 (edited) I noticed there weren't any WYD threads around here... at least that i could see. I decided to remidy that So who's going!? are you excited?!?!!?!?! Edited July 2, 2007 by Deus_te_Amat
Roamin Catholic Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I want to go, but I doubt that I'll be able to.... I might just go on a spring break trip instead, I want to go skiing/snowboarding somewhere up north, I can afford that
Totus Tuus Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 If I can raise the funds, yes. But probably No. I've wanted to go to WYD for years now, but have never been able to. All in God's time!
Totus Tuus Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 Erm... I think I accidentally voted "18" on my age...
Totus Tuus Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 Erm... I think I accidentally voted "18" on my age...
Moneybags Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I'm not going. I've heard a lot of bad about WYD. Last post in this thread tells more: [mod]Link removed. --Era Might[/mod]
Resurrexi Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 [quote name='St. Benedict' post='1309317' date='Jul 2 2007, 10:51 AM']I'm not going. I've heard a lot of bad about WYD. Last post in this thread tells more: [mod]Link removed. --Era Might[/mod][/quote] hey! same here!
premed_jakey Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I will be there. Probably volunteering. I am so excited!!
Era Might Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 [color="red"]This thread is not about whether you like WYD or not, so please stay on topic.[/color] I wish I could go. Australia seems like a cool place to visit.
Deus te Amat Posted July 2, 2007 Author Posted July 2, 2007 [quote name='Era Might' post='1309374' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:42 PM'][color="red"]This thread is not about whether you like WYD or not, so please stay on topic.[/color] I wish I could go. Australia seems like a cool place to visit.[/quote] thank you.... i was beginning to think my thread was gonna get hijacked by people dissing WYD... i didnt know what to say though... so thank you you are entitled to your own opinions, but please, i worked hard to be able to go. I had to EARN the privledge... it took months and a ton of hard work...
Moneybags Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I said "No I'm not going" and then gave a link so that people understand why I'm not going. I did no wrong.
Resurrexi Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 [quote name='Era Might' post='1309374' date='Jul 2 2007, 11:42 AM'][color="red"]This thread is not about whether you like WYD or not, so please stay on topic.[/color] I wish I could go. Australia seems like a cool place to visit.[/quote] Ok I'll make one about whether or not you like WYD.
Didymus Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I've been to the last two, and they were awesome. I can't go this time, cuz I gotta pay for school...
Marieteresa Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 I love WYD! Wish I could go....Is anyone going with a group?
TheOliverOrder88 Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 Yes, I'll be going. Due to my World Youth Day experience in Cologne, Germany... the excitement is huge.
Totus Tuus Posted July 2, 2007 Posted July 2, 2007 Does anyone know of any religious Orders that are taking youth with them?
Didacus Posted July 3, 2007 Posted July 3, 2007 I am treying my hardest to go wtih my family (wife + 3 kids). Time will tell if we can or can't.
Moneybags Posted July 5, 2007 Posted July 5, 2007 [quote][b]Liturgical Program for World Youth Day 2008 [/b] I am happy to announce Juventutem Australia's draft Liturgical Program for World Youth Day, 2008. Pilgrims will arrive in Melbourne over the course of Tuesday and Wednesday, the 8th and 9th July, in time for the beginning of the program on Thursday 10th July, 2008. All of Juventutem's Masses will be celebrated according to the Classical Roman Rite. Thursday 10th July: Votive Mass of the Blessed Sacrament (Bishop Peter Elliott) Friday 11th July: Votive Mass of St Benedict with collects from si diligis me (Archbishop Denis Hart) Saturday 12th July: Pontifical Requiem (Victoria likely) Sunday 13th July: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (Pontifical) Monday 14th July: Pilgrims travel to Sydney by bus - low Masses of St Bonaventure Tuesday 15th July: On this day Cardinal Pell celebrates the Official WYD opening Mass. There will be low Masses in the Classical Rite for the feast of St Henry. This is also a day for discovering Sydney. Wednesday 16th July: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Thursday 17th July: Votive Mass of the Holy Spirit Friday 18th July: Votive Mass of the Holy Cross Saturday 19th July: Feast of St Vincent de Paul. Vigil at Randwick racecourse. Sunday 20th July: Papal Mass. There will be Mass(es) for the 10th Sunday after Pentecost following the Papal festivities. We hope to have something special for pilgrims this evening. Masses in the Classical Roman Rite will be available for pilgrims on each day of the World Youth Day program. Liturgies are open to all pilgrims. The Offices of Vespers and Compline will be sung daily. Chant is of the essence. Pontificals are the norm. Note: The 'post Pentecost count' is mine - and may be mistaken. Please pray for us. Please make plans to attend - and tell your chaplains. [url="http://juventutem.blogspot.com/2007/07/liturgical-program-for-world-youth-day.html"]http://juventutem.blogspot.com/2007/07/lit...-youth-day.html[/url][/quote]
Maria Posted July 5, 2007 Posted July 5, 2007 I voted with the 'make it 2 k cheaper and I'm there'. I'll probably go to the Eucharistic Congress. If I don't have to work, whatever might come up, blah blah blah. I certainly [i]intend[/i] to be there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now