An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hell

dairygirl4u2c

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

aalpha1989

considering she was teh christ bearer...yes. if it wasn't mary specificallly it would have been mary in some other time/place. God needed a pure sinless virgin to bring Christ into the world and that's how it happened. anyway i voted yes but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Mary was part of His plan, but if Mary would not have been part of His plan, He would of had a plan nonetheless. The important piece is God Himself, and He gives salvation, through Him alone we obtain it - none other.

Mary may have been part of God's plan, but she still had free will...

I remember reading once that a saint said something like: All of heaven and hell held their breath to see what her answer would be..

goldenchild17

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1309686' date='Jul 2 2007, 04:09 PM']ty. nothing to see here, move along.[/quote]
Since its not a part of Catholic doctrine then all I can do is guess. My opinion that we would be doomed without Mary. While no where near the status of God (just so we get that out of the way :D:), I feel Mary is far more powerful than most people (even Catholics) give her credit for. St. Michael the Archangel deserves more credit than he gets too. Without the both of them I think we would be far more susceptible to falling for Satan's traps.

Edited by goldenchild17

abercius24

Mary's involvement in the History of Salvation is one of blessing, not necessity. Mary is still a creature -- magnificant as she may be. God's mercy does not depend upon anyone else but God.

goldenchild17

[quote name='abercius24' post='1311501' date='Jul 3 2007, 05:34 PM']Mary's involvement in the History of Salvation is one of blessing, not necessity. Mary is still a creature -- magnificant as she may be. God's mercy does not depend upon anyone else but God.[/quote]
Sure. We are fully dependent (naturally) on our heart for physical life. God could have designed our bodies otherwise so that we aren't dependent on a heart, but He didn't. I believe He chose Mary to be a fully necessary part of our spiritual life and although He could have done it differently, just like a heart I believe He chose to make her absolutely necessary to salvation.

I refused to vote because of the questionable motives behind the poll.

Jesus is Lord and Savior. Mary consented and thus bore Jesus and brought Him into the world. Without Him, we'd be lost, therefore Mary is the cause of salvation to us and herself.

Like GoldenChild said: God [i]chose [/i]to need Mary.