An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lame Board Prayer Thread

hoosieranna

MissScripture

For my boyfriend, cuz things with his roommate issues are really rough right now. And it smells of elderberries living so far apart. :sadder:

My cousins 7 yr old daughter Katya is very ill. We are blessed that her uncle and aunt are doctors and we have a person on the inside that help us understand the severity of her medical condition. Katya's 14 year old sister found her unconsious and not breathing and had to preform CPR with the help of the 911 operator until the perametics got to her house. This is the letter that I recieved today. Please keep this 7 year old baby in your prayers.

Dear Friends and Family,
We are emailing you to provide an update about Katya. As many of you are aware, Katya has been having difficulties over the past few months with seizures and as a result, she has been undergoing extensive testing.
Recently, the doctors have become concerned about a cyst that has developed in the right temporal lobe of her brain.
We spent last week in the hospital, testing to determine whether the cyst is related to the seizures. Unfortunately, the tests were inconclusive.
While the cyst may or may not be a source of the seizures, we have decided, after consulting with several surgeons, to proceed toward surgery on Monday, November 5th. Katya will have a final MRI early Monday morning to determine whether anything has changed physiologically since September and if things are unchanged or worse, we will likely proceed to surgery Monday afternoon.
As usual, Katya has exhibited her indomitable spirit through all of the testing. She had a great Halloween and today represented Blessed Kateri in the First Grade Saints Parade. We as a family at home and Holy Trinity in Dallas will recite the Rosary on Saturday at 3PM. If you have an opportunity wherever you are, please hold Katya in your prayers at that time.
In the mean time, we ask that you keep Katya in your prayers and we will attempt to provide an update Monday or Tuesday.
God Bless,
John and Amy Schell

• 3 weeks later...

I ask that you pray for me and my music exam (theory) today... at 2pm eastern...(it's 12:30ish now). Doing my RCM grade 2 rudiments today :D :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My best friend's brother has a tumor in the middle of his brain. Dr.s can not get to it...Pray that it gets smaller and that he is able to get through this.

• 2 weeks later...

I got your back, DtA. :console:

Please pray for me, as I am so, so, so heartsick right now. I need to remember what unconditional love is.

And please pray for my wonderful boyfriend, that he find a little peace in his family, and more importantly, his spirit.

Thanks so much.

So I keep finding myself in here...

My brother LCPL Alex Ramirez....is going to Afghanistan in April...and I'm scared! Please keep him and the rest of the brave men and women who are in our Armed Forces..... in your prayers.