KnightofChrist Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [center][size=4][b]Long Live Pope Benedict The Great! [/b][/size] [img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/TheVoodookilla/Phatmass/prev15-1.jpg[/img][/center]
Romans1513 Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='cappie' post='1315022' date='Jul 6 2007, 04:25 AM']* And, most crucially, while bishops are “earnestly requested to grant [the] desire” for public celebrations expressed by the extraordinary use's devotees, recourse to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei is foreseen in cases of “a Bishop who desires to make provision for requests of lay faithful of this kind, but is for various reasons prevented from doing so.” The indult-overseeing body is to respond with its “advice and help.”[/quote] Yes, I read the caveats the first time, I was hoping for an expalanation or something. Maybe I'm just missing it. I'm confused by the one I quoted above I guess- makes it seem like the bishop's permission is still needed?
Marieteresa Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 Does anyone know when it will take affect? Do most priests even know how to say TLM?
bonoducchi Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='Marieteresa' post='1316536' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:06 AM']Does anyone know when it will take affect? Do most priests even know how to say TLM?[/quote] This will take effect September 14, the Triumph of the Holy Cross. Most priests do not know how to worthily celebrate the Old Missal; consequently, requests for the celebration of the Old Rite may still be licitly denied if no worthy minister is available. If there is no one to celebrate the rite, then the Ordinary is charged with making provision for the requests, seeking assistance from Ecclasiae Dei, if neccesary.
mortify Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 (edited) Wonderful Still, we must hope that the liturgy is done properly, or else we might get a clown performing the Tridentine mass. Much more work remains to be done! Edited July 7, 2007 by mortify
Marieteresa Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 Oh so September 14..Sigh, I was just about to call up my local parish and ask when they will be having TLM. Thanks for answering my questions.
Akalyte Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='mortify' post='1316556' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:35 AM']Wonderful Still, we must hope that the liturgy is done properly, or else we might get a clown performing the Tridentine mass. Much more work remains to be done![/quote] God save us! lol
kafka Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 I like the fireworks Cappie that says it all for me! Let the games begin!
brendan1104 Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 Yes, that's currently a practice in Ecclesia Dei monasteries in France. The Latin readings are skipped or only begun/ended in Latin, while the vernacular (traditional or revised) readings are chanted/read. [quote name='Pio Nono' post='1316485' date='Jul 7 2007, 08:36 AM']JMJ 7/7 - Thirteenth Saturday I'm confused by the thing about the Lectionaries. Is it saying that the priest can read the readings in the vernacular at the Tridentine Liturgy? I know they read them in the vernacular right before the homily, but would this change it to taking the place of the normal, Latin readings?[/quote]
Apotheoun Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 As a Byzantine Catholic I am happy that the older Roman Rite will once again be celebrated in the Latin Church. This could even help ecumenical dialogue with the Eastern Orthodox, since they are often shocked by the modern banality of the celebration of Mass according to the Pauline Missal.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='mortify' post='1316556' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:35 AM']Wonderful Still, we must hope that the liturgy is done properly, or else we might get a clown performing the Tridentine mass. Much more work remains to be done![/quote] Yes, and that is going to be a difficult task. I think I've already just been promoted to altar server for our indult Mass and now I'll be expected to train the others, because I'm the only one who knows Latin around here. :
kafka Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 Just finished reading. If we could do sound attachments I would be playing Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture for everyone
KnightofChrist Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='kafka' post='1316662' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:53 AM']Just finished reading. If we could do sound attachments I would be playing Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture for everyone[/quote] You can, mp3 at or under 50k!
tojo Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 Congratulations Latinmassers! Although I'm not a Latinmasser myself, I'm happy for the Church to take a conservative move. May the increase of Masses said in Latin inspire more reverence in the Masses said in the vernacular!
mortify Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 This one's for you Father! [img]http://techfreep.com/images/fosters.jpg[/img] Bottoms up, mate!
kafka Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 I like this taken from an article on Catholic World News: Why it was needed From the first days of his pontificate, Benedict XVI has emphasized the continuity of the Catholic tradition, insisting that the teachings of Vatican II must be interpreted in light of the constant teachings of the Church in the preceding centuries. With Summorum Pontificum he applies that same rule to the Roman liturgy-- and provides new norms of canon law to carry out that rule. Even before he became Pope Benedict XVI, in his many written works on the liturgy, then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger remarked that the Novus Ordo liturgy was not the organic reform that had been recommended by Vatican II, but a break in continuity-- a new form that had been imposed upon the faithful, while the old order of the Mass was abruptly discarded. In the opening passage of Summorum Pontificum, Pope Benedict indirectly refers to that complaint when he says that the universal Church must uphold "the usages universally handed down by apostolic and unbroken tradition."
Ash Wednesday Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 It's nice that the universal response on the board has been joy rather than some kind of debate. I love Pope Benedict XVI!
EJames Posted July 7, 2007 Posted July 7, 2007 [quote name='mortify' post='1316865' date='Jul 7 2007, 01:32 PM']This one's for you Father! [img]http://techfreep.com/images/fosters.jpg[/img] Bottoms up, mate![/quote] [img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/112843437_119bed5b2f.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now