chelsea Posted July 8, 2007 Author Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='StColette' post='1317528' date='Jul 7 2007, 11:58 PM']Awesome I'll be here still, this Fall will be my last semester [/quote] sweet! yea I'm definitely making a trip up so I'll PM you when i go!
Luthien Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='StColette' post='1317540' date='Jul 8 2007, 01:00 AM']PM Party !!!![/quote] YESSS!
StColette Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Luthien' post='1317549' date='Jul 7 2007, 10:02 PM'] YESSS![/quote] hehehehe
zealousrap Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='chelsea' post='1317544' date='Jul 8 2007, 12:01 AM']sweet! yea I'm definitely making a trip up so I'll PM you when i go![/quote] hit me up too! I will be in austria in the spring when you come so I'd like to meet you when you visit in the fall
jiyoung Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 I'll be there in the fall too Good excuse for a PM party... But... What is your favorite & least favorite part of FUS?: Favorite is the orthodoxy in teaching and generally throughout the campus, the deep friendships you form there, the Austria program (teehee!)... least favorite is administration and lack of financial aid, and yeah it's also too charismatic for me--I used to be a Young Apostle but I've changed a lot since then, and sometimes I feel a little suffocated by the lack of options for more traditional types--thank goodness for St. Peter's! What stuff are you involved in?: I'm involved in the Schola. If you do any singing, you should join--Prof Weber is great. And if you don't want credit for it, you don't have to be signed up in the class--a professor (Dr. Smith from the classics department) is in schola. I didn't get involved in too much else, but there are so many amazing opportunities. Just don't lose your head in it; you ARE a student, after all, and it's enough to devote yourself to a few activities that you really love and then maybe participate on a somewhat lesser level for other stuff, because you'll get burned out quickly. What are you majoring in?: Catechetics and theology--both great departments.
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Franciscan University will always be special to me, because it was while I was working on my MA degree in Stuebenville that I became Byzantine Catholic.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1318729' date='Jul 8 2007, 01:43 PM']Franciscan University will always be special to me, because it was while I was working on my MA degree in Stuebenville that I became Byzantine Catholic.[/quote] Interesting since it was while working on my degree at Steubenville that I became an Extraordinary Rite Roman Catholic. hehe An anonymous friend who had Hildebrand this past semester told me that he mentioned you, and spoke very highly of you, no less than three times through the course of the semester. It is safe to say that your presence and perspective is missed by many. I for one lament the fact that we were never able to get together.
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Dr. Hildebrand was, is, and always will be, my favorite teacher at FUS.
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1318788' date='Jul 8 2007, 01:21 PM']I for one lament the fact that we were never able to get together.[/quote] I only met a few people from Phatmass during the two and a half years that I was FUS, and since I didn't attend liturgy at the school, I was only on campus for my classes and rarely met any undergrads. Nevertheless, I made many good friends at the Trinity East dorm, and I remember fondly the T.E. caravan to the Ruthenian Church in Weirton every Sunday and Holy Day for divine liturgy.
Luthien Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1318802' date='Jul 8 2007, 05:38 PM']I only met a few people from Phatmass during the two and a half years that I was FUS, and since I didn't attend liturgy at the school, I was only on campus for my classes and rarely met any undergrads. Nevertheless, I made many good friends at the Trinity East dorm, and I remember fondly the T.E. caravan to the Ruthenian Church in Weirton every Sunday and Holy Day for divine liturgy.[/quote] We can see Trinny east from our house.
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Someone told me that T.E. isn't being used as a dorm anymore.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1318813' date='Jul 8 2007, 03:46 PM']Someone told me that T.E. isn't being used as a dorm anymore.[/quote] It's not. I was the RA for three weeks last year (hehe...that was interesting).
Apotheoun Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 Living in the Trinity East building was like living in a third world country, but I still have fond memories of the place. I will never forget how water ran down the inside of the windows in the men's common room the first time it rained. The number of Eastern Catholics grew exponentially while I was there. The dorm started the first semester with a Ukrainian Catholic (born and raised UGCC) named Dan, and a convert to the Ukrainian Church (Anthony), and then I became Ruthenian about a year or so later, and about a year after I changed rites Rosemary became Ruthenian, and -- of course -- Chelsea and his girlfriend are in the process of becoming Melkite Catholics, and I think that Ryan may also become Melkite pretty soon, at least based upon what he said in his last email to me.
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 8, 2007 Posted July 8, 2007 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1318834' date='Jul 8 2007, 03:06 PM']Living in the Trinity East building was like living in a third world country, but I still have fond memories of the place. I will never forget how water ran down the inside of the windows in the men's common room the first time it rained. The number of Eastern Catholics grew exponentially while I was there. The dorm started the first semester with a Ukrainian Catholic (born and raised UGCC) named Dan, and a convert to the Ukrainian Church (Anthony), and then I became Ruthenian about a year or so later, and about a year after I changed rites Rosemary became Ruthenian, and -- of course -- Chelsea and his girlfriend are in the process of becoming Melkite Catholics, and I think that Ryan may also become Melkite pretty soon, at least based upon what he said in his last email to me.[/quote] Hey, I know all those people! Small world... Actually Anthony was my roommate for like two years after he left Trinity East and Rosemary's uncle is one of my favorite theologians.
Lounge Daddy Posted July 9, 2007 Posted July 9, 2007 [quote name='Luthien' post='1313278' date='Jul 5 2007, 02:45 AM']I dont go there, but my sister does. I just live in town with my husband. [/quote] what's the town like?
Apotheoun Posted July 9, 2007 Posted July 9, 2007 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1319284' date='Jul 8 2007, 09:07 PM']what's the town like?[/quote] Bleh.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 9, 2007 Posted July 9, 2007 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1319560' date='Jul 9 2007, 12:14 AM']Bleh.[/quote] Ditto.
Apotheoun Posted July 9, 2007 Posted July 9, 2007 As long as I kept my dorm room window closed the smell of burning tires was bearable. P.S. - The smell was actually from the steel mill, but it smelled like burning tires to me.
StColette Posted July 9, 2007 Posted July 9, 2007 I must be getting used to the smell cause I only smell it about once a month lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now