An Old School Catholic Message Board

Devotions

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

Every has a speical devotion they like.
Everyone whould be doing the rosary of course.
Do you have a speical devotion? What is it?

Mine after much thought and prayer is going to be the Infant Jesus of Prague. I have this little book of prayers for the Infant and I simple love it. I really love the prayers for Vocations!

Jessica
[url="http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul"]http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul[/url]

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1317024' date='Jul 7 2007, 06:45 PM']Eucharistic Adoration.... does that count as a devotion? :)[/quote]
Absolutely. It's certainly not for everyone.

My favorite Catholic "devotion" would be the entire communion of saints!

AlterDominicus

Holy carp, wow, rosary, Adoartion

Saint Faustina, Saint Therese, Blessed Sacrament, and a million others!

cathoholic_anonymous

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is my most used, but I have recently been growing in devotion to St Michael the Archangel as well. :) I also like to repeat the Immaculate Heart prayer at regular intervals throughout my day.

Maria_Faustina

Wow... St. Faustina, Divine Mercy, St. Therese, Adoration, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, St. Rose of Lima!

well, there's the Liturgy of the Hours, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and my own little chaplet I cam up with that incorporates the Jesus Prayer and the Anima Christi prayer.

HeavenlyCalling

rosary, and novenas. NO matter who they are too or what they are for, I love doing them.

the older I get the less I use formal prayer forms. I kind of just talk to God, the Blessed Mother and the saints. I especially enjoy reading the Bible and quiet time in front of the Eucharist.

DiscerningSoul

wooo don't even get me started on chaplets! I have a half dozen of them! LOL My favorite is the Blessed Sacerment one, then the Infant one, Mother of perpetual help, and others. :)

DiscerningSoul

wooo don't even get me started on chaplets! I have a half dozen of them! LOL My favorite is the Blessed Sacerment one, then the Infant one, Mother of perpetual help, and others. :)

St. Michael is my man!!!
Also, the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
I've also been meditating a lot on the Passion.
Can you have a devotion to the passion?

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1317225' date='Jul 7 2007, 10:14 PM']Of course you can be devoted to the Passion![/quote]

Oh good. Well then I have a really deep devotion to the Passion :-)