An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bear Attack

dairygirl4u2c

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

[quote]2 Kings 2:23-24
"Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."[/quote]

heshmafluff

Bears are exciting...I wouldn't want to face one though, except at the zoo.

I don't know if it was very just...how insulting was the term back in the day?

[quote]2 Kings 2:23-24
"Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."[/quote]

Pwnd.

Groo the Wanderer

An atheist was walking in the woods one day and happened upon the biggest meanest hungriest grizzly ever. As the bear charged, the atheist dropped to his knees and cried out to God to save him. Time suddenly froze around him and he heard a booming voice: "This is God. Don't you think it is kind of hypocritical to call on me NOW? You have ignored my call all your life, but now, when it all comes down to this, you call on me?"

The atheist thought about this for a moment and agreed: "Yes. I can see your point. How about if you do something for the bear instead. Can you make it a Christian?" Immediately came the reply: "Done!"

As time started again, the atheist looked back to the bear and saw it down on it's knees, paws folded together, and saying "Bless me Lord and these thy gifts which I am about to receive..."

:reaper:

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1325905' date='Jul 12 2007, 12:48 PM']Question. Which is the most dangerous type of bear?[/quote]

Hungry?

:mellow:

never mind. i was seeing if anybody recognized my "The Office" referenace.
and yes I know I spelled 'referance' wrong.

:mellow: look i'll show you

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWWnZm6-w"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWWnZm6-w[/url]

Those youths should've taken lessons bear defense from [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dopLg4SqzpA"]John West[/url].

Edited by tomasio127