An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can An Atheist Be Invincibly Ignorant

Resurrexi

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow. I missed a lot in the last four days, I'm taking. Good ol' Leahy fiddle camp... anywho, I'm back around. So I voted the latter, because basically there is the natural law bit that comes into play. I guess there are other reasons that convince me as well, (such as knowing some Atheists. But I'm more focusing on their "why" as to what I voted) but I think what is said in this thread can be sufficient.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1328519' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:34 PM']Wow. I missed a lot in the last four days, I'm taking. Good ol' Leahy fiddle camp... anywho, I'm back around. So I voted the latter, because basically there is the natural law bit that comes into play. I guess there are other reasons that convince me as well, (such as knowing some Atheists. But I'm more focusing on their "why" as to what I voted) but I think what is said in this thread can be sufficient.[/quote]
I believe Scripture says that every knee will bow and every tongue will profess Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Truth trumps. Nobody is invinvibile as a Athiest! They will eventually conceed defeat!

Thy Geekdom Come

It's an interesting question. I would say they could, but not due to a defect of knowledge (on the objective level), since God's existence is self-evident. If the atheist was, however, incapable of reasoning or otherwise incapable of realizing that knowledge on the subjective level, then yes, I'd say he could be invincibly ignorant.