Pontifex Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 Recently I have been swarmed with many tugs on my cloak if you will asking me to go to Cursillo or to be apart of this movement or that movement. I have people wanting me to go to unapproved Marian Shrines and really feel I need to hear what Mary says at that place. I have people tell me that we need different renewal programs. You know what I think I need and what the Church needs? We need to go to confession, pray the rosary, and enter into the Mass with our whole being. That's what I want to do!!!!!!! Someone made the comment, I am involved with this group because the sacraments were not enough. What???? I don't need to go to an unapproved Marian site, my Mother is at the foot of the cross every time I celebrate the mass. I don't need another renewal program, I am renewed in confession. I don't need some obscure way out new devotion, I would rather stick with what the Roman Catholic Church says is a devotion. I just want Jesus in the Eucharist, and I want the support of my Mother Mary. I want to feel the prayers of the saints and I want to be holy!!!!! ok.... thanks for listening. I had to get that out.
KnightofChrist Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 (edited) I agree completely!!! Theres no need to wonder around looking for "better ways", when we have Our Blessed Lord right there with us in every mass. Edited July 14, 2007 by KnightofChrist
Seven77 Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 I agree 100% Father. But i want to add too, movements rightly ordered can and should foster deeper devotion and love for the Holy Mass, the Eucharistic Lord, His sweet Mother, Confession, etc. That's what the movements are for. Approved, that is. ---And not everyone's called to join one.
MIKolbe Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 thank you Father. sometimes we think we need to find the Lord...like he is at the top of some mountain or something...reality is, He's at our side, helping us/carrying us up that mountain. We just need the presence of mind to realize that sometimes, and your vent, and love, has helped me do just that. Thank you again, Father.
XIX Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 Wait so I've been doing all of this climbing for nothing???
Norseman82 Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 Sometimes we all need to be reminded of the basics.
EcceNovaFacioOmni Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 I am very interested to hear this perspective, Father. Sometimes I feel a little "different" I guess in that I am not particularly attached to a certain devotion or spirituality or movement. It seems like a lot of people have found a niche that they like but it is nice to remember that it is not necessary.
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 I very much agree with you Father! :applause: :applause: :applause: Which reminds me of the topic I saw mentioned here on the phorum,. That even though the number of vocations are down, the number of laity in movements have increased. Not good news in my book, and not a good bargain at all. We need to remember what you said above Father. :applause:
cappie Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 (edited) So we should all be diocesan priests ??. If there is only one spirituality is there no room for Sts Francis, Dominic etc ?? Edited July 14, 2007 by cappie
prose Posted July 14, 2007 Posted July 14, 2007 So, you wouldn't be interested in joining the prose led Catholic lay revolution?? We focus on ourselves most of the time, and if we have time we think about other things... Of course, that isn't very often.
Seven77 Posted July 15, 2007 Posted July 15, 2007 [quote name='cappie' post='1328669' date='Jul 14 2007, 05:20 PM']So we should all be diocesan priests ??. If there is only one spirituality is there no room for Sts Francis, Dominic etc ?? [/quote] see that's what i'm saying...
God Conquers Posted July 15, 2007 Posted July 15, 2007 The Church is constantly changing. If a movement is not fostering love for the sacraments then they are not from the Lord and they will fail. This is the era of the Laity in the Church. We need to step up and live lives of holiness... therefore the movements in the Church have sprung up to facilitate this. They are meant to bring life to the Church in this age... and this is what they are doing. What everyone here needs to do, to aleviate Fr. Pontifex's frustration, (although maybe not personally unless you're blessed to have him as a pastor) is to have a NON-transactional meeting with your local priest. Just hang out. Have him over for dinner. Grab a coffee. Play some squash etc. Priests have demands made of them constantly. Give him a break!!!
Justin86 Posted July 15, 2007 Posted July 15, 2007 (edited) Thank you Father for that very refreshing point! I too and am sick of Catholics who hang on to their Marian apparitions like their doctrine. The Church already teaches everything I need without these disputed apparitions. I have no use for them. Edited July 15, 2007 by Justin86
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now