An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good News From Marbury

stlmom

AlterDominicus

That is soooooooooo awesome! I agree :cry: < Happy tears. We [b]do need[/b] to keep encouraging them through their first few years of formation.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news. There are so many communities that desperatly need vocations, even one or two to keep them going. I hope they get to update their website, alot of potential vocations might be turned off by lack of one or one that is not updated.

Bl. Jordan took over the Dominican order after St. Dominic passed away. You can find a biography of him [url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/Charism/Our_Saints/Bl_Jordan.htm"]here.[/url] Don't worry, I had never heard of him until I heard about [url="http://toheavenwithdiana.blogspot.com/"]To Heaven With Diana[/url], which is a book that chronicles his letters to another Dominican religious, his friend, Bl. Diana D'Andalo.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1375188' date='Aug 31 2007, 07:03 PM']They want to update their website more but there is a problem with the company who is doing it. They aren't letting the Sisters do it themselves or something to that effect. I think Sr. Mary of the Precious Blood is frustrated.

Thanks for letting us know Ida's new name! Bl. Jordan is a great patron to have!

SMC[/quote]
The Polish Dominicans (Of the Immaculate Conception) near Chicago had the same problem with their website provider. They just took down their website one day! Thankfully it's up again now. Hopefully this community can find a solution soon too.