XIX Posted July 19, 2007 Posted July 19, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1333954' date='Jul 18 2007, 03:28 PM']I think you are the coolest person I've never met. Welcome to phatmass.[/quote] I've never met her, and she's still the coolest person I've ever met.
farglefeezlebut Posted July 19, 2007 Posted July 19, 2007 (Hugs) You are awesome. God has been very good to you. Praise Him! I suggest using a simple piece of cloth rather than a mantilla for head-covering. It will attract less attention, but is just a valuable.
Lil Red Posted July 19, 2007 Posted July 19, 2007 [quote name='The Little Way' post='1334428' date='Jul 18 2007, 09:46 PM']Welcome to the Pham. There are a number of us around here who are "Catholic Feminists" in the spirit of JPII. Do a search and you should find a few threads on the topic [/quote] yup! : [quote name='XIX' post='1334598' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:13 AM']Feminism needs a throwback to the days of pro-life feminists like Susan B. Anthony. [/quote] [url="http://www.feministsforlife.org/"]http://www.feministsforlife.org/[/url] [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1334613' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:57 AM']Welcome home, and welcome to phatmass! I enjoyed reading your story. If I had a penny for each time some of my more liberal lady friends used the word "patriarchy" in one of their rants, I'd be a rich woman. It gets so tiresome. [/quote] what the funny part is that Catholics used to be mocked by pagans for so valuing women!
Lil Red Posted July 19, 2007 Posted July 19, 2007 welcome to phatmass, chaya! i hope you stay for a long time!
Totus Tuus Posted July 19, 2007 Posted July 19, 2007 Chaya, have you ever read [u]The Privilege of Being a Woman[/u] by Alice Von Hildebrand? You might be able to find it in your first language, but I know Sapientia Press offers it in English. It is a beautiful book and would lead you along this path towards true femininity which you have started out on
Chaya Posted July 20, 2007 Author Posted July 20, 2007 [quote name='XIX' post='1334614' date='Jul 19 2007, 03:57 PM']I've never met her, and she's still the coolest person I've ever met.[/quote] oh my! why? *honored* *blushes*
Chaya Posted July 20, 2007 Author Posted July 20, 2007 thank you for all your answer and comments! i wanted to answer them today but packing has taken more time than i thought. i'm leaving tomorrow 6am with my kids to see my family in germany (grand-parents, aunt, uncle, cousin...) it's a 6-hour drive. i'm not sure whether i'll be able to get online much from there, but i'll be back around the 31st or so and hopefully get the time to write back before leaving for Disentis on aug 4th. yall seem to be really great and nice people! haven't been here for a long time, but i'm happy to be here! see ya!
missionarybelle Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 what I beautfiul post! keep going in your quest to be a beautiful woman of God. It seems like you're on the right track. ps I was just looking on ebay and they have some BEAUTIFUL mantillas
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now