An Old School Catholic Message Board

So, Now That You've Gotten Use To The New Look...

dUSt

[quote name='Brigid' post='1343353' date='Jul 29 2007, 01:03 AM']2. the page number that's hilighted is green... doesn't really go with everything else[/quote]

Haha! I agree. It is sorta random.

+

I've grown to love the new graphic on the top of the page. I miss the quotes from Saint Jose Maria -I think he provided us with some spiritual protection, too (I know they haven't been around for a while...). I also wish the smilies were more readily available. Thanks for all your hard work and devotion.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1344257' date='Jul 30 2007, 01:15 AM']+

I've grown to love the new graphic on the top of the page. I miss the quotes from Saint Jose Maria -I think he provided us with some spiritual protection, too (I know they haven't been around for a while...). I also wish the smilies were more readily available. Thanks for all your hard work and devotion.[/quote]

ps definitely think the mission statement should be more accesible i.e. prominent (e.g link from the top, watermark in the background with a link or...) and I miss the Arinze podcasts.

missionseeker

And the Prayer room is a little "out of the way" Personally, i just think it should be higher up on the list. I likes it that.

my $0.02

It still feels a little unfinished ... like, the group icons are still red x's

does that mean you're still working on it?

dUSt,

if this is the best you can do.. i guess it's ok...

i mean, if you are comfortable with the overall competence, forethought and follow-thru of the 'upgrades', then cool.. good deal...i guess.

:lol_pound:

jk, i love it..

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but it's really hard to read (at least for me, and I don't wear glasses) the quotes. I don't know if it's because of the gray letters, or because they're such small and close-together... or both...

:blush:

Overall the look is good, but I agree that the quotations are hard to read, and I do not really like the fact that two-thirds of my widescreen monitor is not used (about three inches of gray on each side of the text area).

[img]http://www.geocities.com/apotheoun/phatmass_image.jpg[/img]

P.S. - I don't really want to change my high definition monitor to 800x600.

:)

Ooops, no; I did not purposely misspell the word "Dictionaries" in my bookmark.

But I must say that my new wireless keyboard does lead to many typographical errors. Plus I do not see all that well, since the disease affecting my retinas (central serous chorioretinopathy) continues to damage my vision.

Give me a couple minutes and that error will be a thing of the past.

:)

"I'm Your Huckle Berry!!!!"

"Look Darrling it Johnny Ringo....Should I Hate Him...."

I love this guy.... If people say they go not like your new look they show get the movies!!!

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1349710' date='Aug 4 2007, 05:32 PM']But I must say that my new wireless keyboard does lead to many typographical errors.[/quote]

I wish I could blame my poor spelling on my keyboard :huh:

Is there any way to make your script recognize resolutions? I had a script one time that I did that for, and it worked quite well.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='kafka' post='1342356' date='Jul 27 2007, 06:13 PM']who is in your avatar dUST?[/quote]

Kafka?! We have talked about the guy in his avatar...remember?! :lol: