IrishG8s Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 Hey do you guys have any suggestions on what Catholic Youth should know by the time there 18. Now think of when we were kids and what we were told. Blessings -ID-
foundsheep Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 There is no Santa. Seriously, I wish someone would have told me to keep my faith and prayer life going. I stalled on that, my life stalled because of it, I came back and now am un stuck. hehehe. St. Joseph our protector pray for us.
IrishG8s Posted February 6, 2004 Author Posted February 6, 2004 True that, Honestly St.Joseph has helped me out tremendously, don't flee from your troubles he will help, remember he's like right there next to mary! go to him for help I'm sure the father would never turn his request away. St. Joseph, Pray for us blessings -ID-
PatrickRitaMichael Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 go to confession regularly. w/o it, things fall apart. and say the rosary, even if you're the only one you know in college who does it
the_rev Posted February 6, 2004 Posted February 6, 2004 To know some marian dogma, and to understand every part of the mass, and why we do that during mass!
cmotherofpirl Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 To think that there is nothing else to learn, to think that the faith of a child can be good enough for the faith of a man.
dUSt Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 I think every Catholic youth should learn how/why to kneel during the consecration by the time they're 18.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 I think every Catholic youth should learn how/why to kneel during the consecration by the time they're 18. Unfortunately, there is a convent about 2 miles away and the nuns don't even do that. They also don't do it at a few Life Teen Masses I know of...it saddens me. :sadder:
cimlog Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 I think Confession and how to focus on the mass without talking. Reverance.
Im4Him Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 I think every Catholic youth should learn how/why to kneel during the consecration by the time they're 18. Many people here, often well over the age of 18, don't know that. :(
Aloysius Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 i think that by the time they are 18 they should know about the authority of the Church, cuz as soon as you know that you'll have a place to be schooled in everything you need, every fork in the road of faith or morals you know which way to turn, and if you truly know the God-given authority of the Church, you'll be schooled by her to pray and do all of the other stuff you need. We should all find a child-like faith in the Bride of Christ, thus ultimately Christ Himself :cool:
cimlog Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 That's great Aloysius. You have my respect and love. You have great knowledge.
Aloysius Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 :sweat: i don't own it... it's on load from Christ through His Bride, the Church... :cool:
thicke Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 Well, since I just meet a young man last year who had just graduated from my parish's school and didn't know how to do this, I've got to say, "pray the Rosary."
cimlog Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 Very true. Can't forget the Rosary. It is soooo powerful. I LOVE the Rosary and I try to get as many people praying it as possible.
M.SIGGA Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 The Prayer to St. Michael and the Hail Holy Queen and the Magnificat. I learned these prayers for the first time from an old priest my senior year in high school who taught me biology II and prayed all three of these before every class. Pretty soon I memorized them and now they are my favorite traditional prayers. Also appreciation and devotion for the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus! The Church today doesn't emphasize enough why this is so powerful and the blessings that flow from it.
willguy Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 That purgatory exists. We seem to have lost it somewhere.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now