An Old School Catholic Message Board

3:10 To Yuma

dUSt

[url="http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/310toyuma/"]http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/310toyuma/[/url]

I love me a good western. They need to make more of 'em.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='age the magnificent' post='1374324' date='Aug 30 2007, 04:27 PM']Western + Russell Crowe === MORE PLZ!!!!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]
DOes he kill anyone with a telephone?

age the magnificent

[quote name='uruviel' post='1376486' date='Sep 2 2007, 07:43 PM']I don't know, I don't have any intention of seeing an R movie.... but it did look kind of cool.[/quote]

Why not? It could just be rated R for violence and/or language. (I doubt there`ll be much sex?). I haven`t checked it out personally. but O_o; not seeing a movie just because it`s "R" seems a little harsh to me.... :unsure:

I saw the sneak preview on Sunday...

AMAZING.

It immediately made my top ten list and in my opinion, the best western made since Unforgiven. In fact, I'd have to say it's just as good if not better than Unforgiven.

The "R" rating is for violence. No sex and very little cussing. In fact, most of the cussing came from the teenaged kid who was always quickly reprimanded by his mother for it.

Besides the classic elements that made it seem like an old-school spaghetti western, the story was really good. Very believable. The interior struggles of the characters made this film.

And, somehow, all the killing led to some type of moral tale, in a way--despite the fact that the main villian having a gold crucifix embedded into the handle of his pistol. haha

Anyway, I give it 9/10 stars. The only negative is that a few of the decisions made by the characters during the action scenes defied common sense.

[quote name='age the magnificent' post='1376800' date='Sep 3 2007, 01:39 AM']Why not? It could just be rated R for violence and/or language. (I doubt there`ll be much sex?). I haven`t checked it out personally. but O_o; not seeing a movie just because it`s "R" seems a little harsh to me.... :unsure:[/quote]

haha. Well, first off, I am under 17 and can't even get into it without someone over 17. Secondly I didn't know what it was rated R for, if violence, I don't care, sexual content, definitely not, and cussing, I am not completely comfortable with bad language. First off I wouldnt know what kind of language, if they take the Lord's name in vain then I will stay away, but if it's nothing that's repeated through the movie then I'll be ok.
I'm just saying, I'm being cautious, which is exactly what the R rating is for, being cautious.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1377648' date='Sep 4 2007, 08:50 AM']I saw the sneak preview on Sunday...

AMAZING.

It immediately made my top ten list and in my opinion, the best western made since Unforgiven. In fact, I'd have to say it's just as good if not better than Unforgiven.

The "R" rating is for violence. No sex and very little cussing. In fact, most of the cussing came from the teenaged kid who was always quickly reprimanded by his mother for it.

Besides the classic elements that made it seem like an old-school spaghetti western, the story was really good. Very believable. The interior struggles of the characters made this film.

And, somehow, all the killing led to some type of moral tale, in a way--despite the fact that the main villian having a gold crucifix embedded into the handle of his pistol. haha

Anyway, I give it 9/10 stars. The only negative is that a few of the decisions made by the characters during the action scenes defied common sense.[/quote]
Now I've GOT to see this movie!

(Especially being as I'm a fan of spaghetti westerns and all - see my avatar.)

And Chris Bale certainly seems to be keeping awfully busy these days!

[quote name='Socrates' post='1378242' date='Sep 4 2007, 09:58 PM']Now I've GOT to see this movie!

(Especially being as I'm a fan of spaghetti westerns and all - see my avatar.)

And Chris Bale certainly seems to be keeping awfully busy these days![/quote]
Well, it's not mainly a spaghetti western--it is a more modern version. But, it definitely is a classic western, and fully embraces the genre, unlike a lot of "modern" westerns these days where they are all "artsy". Forget that. This movie is a good 'ol story and a straight up gun slinging western.