Sojourner Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1361071' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:20 AM']Basically, my first day and year of high school was summed up as: "DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID! DON'T EVEN DO, SAY OR THINK ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY STUPID! BLEND IN AND DISAPPEAR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!" My first day of high school was approximately 17 years ago.... wow.[/quote] me too ... you graduated in 1994?
Sojourner Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1361074' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:22 AM']Yes ma'am. [/quote]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 Wow...that's...wow...you're both old. I mean that with the most possible respect. ...old fluffy air extractions... I gradumatated high school in 2003.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1361078' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:25 AM']Wow...that's...wow...you're both old. I mean that with the most possible respect. ...old fluffy air extractions... I gradumatated high school in 2003.[/quote] Meh, whatever, diaper boy! Yep, 94...the year that OJ Simpson, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan were all over the papers (yes, papers, NOT internet) and if you had a cell phone you were WEALTHY.
Jaime Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 You're lucky to have preserved animals in jars. In my day, we had to dissect each other. I miss my gall bladder
Totus Tuus Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 (edited) This is all very fascinating. I was homeschooled so these stories are like a movie! I did take quite a few classes outside of the house. The weirdest kids were in my high school computer science class, which I took at a community college. I was really nervous and eager to fit in, but as the classes went by I didn't really ease into it. It got a little better but I was very self-conscious the whole time. I had a girl with a really bad attitude (but she was pretty nice to me) on one side, and a boy who never spoke on the other. I had one of my best friend's neighbors across the way so that was some consolation. My favorite class besides Philosophy was dissecting/biology. We learned how to use microscopes. The teacher was a blast. She always called scissors "skissors"... it's nice when they have a good sense of humor, but all of my teachers in classes I took were nice to me if I was obedience to them, even if they didn't overall have a humorous attitude in general. But this biology teacher was great. We dissected cows' eyeballs, Australian earthworms, and some other things. We watched our eyeballs dilate in little compact mirrors when she turned the lights off and on. We learned how our pulses worked by running through the classrooms. It was great. Edited August 17, 2007 by Totus Tuus
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1361080' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:27 AM']Meh, whatever, diaper boy! Yep, 94...the year that OJ Simpson, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan were all over the papers (yes, papers, NOT internet) and if you had a cell phone you were WEALTHY.[/quote] Ah, yes, 94...the year I first learned about biomes.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1361088' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:35 AM']This is all very fascinating. I was homeschooled so these stories are like a movie![/quote] No, what's more like a movie was "Freshman Kill Day" hosted every year by the seniors. They would link arms together and stampede through the hall, trampling freshmen under their feet. Then there would be rumors flying around about poor innocent freshmen being duct taped upside down inside of bathroom stalls...and swirlies...oh, the humanity...
homeschoolmom Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 ah... it reminds me of my first day of high school... I was wearing my monogrammed sweater (knotted over a polo shirt with the collar up, of course), my acid wash jeans and my penny loafers.... I had my Trapper Keeper all set... I had a new supply of Bic Rollers all ready to go... My first class was typing. The Whirrrrr of the electric typewriters almost put me to sleep... After that was gym... I spent two hours sausage curling my hair at home only to have to do it all over again only a few hours later! AH! But I got to break in my leather Nikes with the pastel blue swoosh... so, it was worth it. After that.... ... Oh, who am I kidding. I don't remember my first day of high school... That was almost 23 years ago....
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1361094' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:43 AM']ah... it reminds me of my first day of high school... I was wearing my monogrammed sweater (knotted over a polo shirt with the collar up, of course), my acid wash jeans and my penny loafers.... I had my Trapper Keeper all set... I had a new supply of Bic Rollers all ready to go... My first class was typing. The Whirrrrr of the electric typewriters almost put me to sleep... After that was gym... I spent two hours sausage curling my hair at home only to have to do it all over again only a few hours later! AH! But I got to break in my leather Nikes with the pastel blue swoosh... so, it was worth it. After that.... ... Oh, who am I kidding. I don't remember my first day of high school... That was almost 23 years ago....[/quote] I remember Trapper Keepers...they were so cool... HSmom, you started high school when I was born?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1361097' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:49 AM']I started HS Sept. 4, 1984[/quote] Wow...I was born Oct. 26, 1984. How's that make you feel?
homeschoolmom Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 Like I was having fun while you were pooing your pants.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1361099' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:51 AM']Like I was having fun while you weren't even born yet.[/quote] Good response.
homeschoolmom Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 but I changed it to an even better one...
Ash Wednesday Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1361099' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:51 AM']Like I was having fun while you were pooing your pants.[/quote] FOR THE WIN!!!
IrishSalesian Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 I dont remember my freshman year that much. I have a couple of younger brothers. We all played football for the school. And one day before practice, my brother started to give me a hard time, so being the older brother, and upperclassman, I could not allow him to be insubordanate to me infront of others. So I stuck him in his football locker with all of his equipment. If anyone knows how bad a football locker room smells, can you imagine being stuffed in a locker for an hour?!? It was bad. I got in so much trouble with the coaches. My parents on the other hand thought that it was amusing. My legs are still tired from all the running I had to do. I graduated HS in 2005.
God the Father Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 Freshman and Sophomore years were the worst of my life. Good luck. And when I say good luck, I don't mean it sarcastically. I mean I wish you luck, cause it's always nice to have. And I will feel compelled to post this message a third time if someone makes a third thread about their first day of high school.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now