An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Dts Stuff Arrived Today!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1362718' date='Aug 19 2007, 08:47 AM']My DTS is from 6:30 - 10:00 pm...I have no idea how you do it all in one hour.[/quote]
yeah ... even without DTS it seems like the time you have is really short. I don't remember how long our youth group meetings where but I think at least 2 hours.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1362720' date='Aug 19 2007, 09:50 AM']yeah ... even without DTS it seems like the time you have is really short. I don't remember how long our youth group meetings where but I think at least 2 hours.[/quote]
I know, but the parents don't like their kids staying out late. I'm talking to a group of them this evening and I'm going to ask for more time...pray that they grant it.

What stinks is...if it was a soccer game, you know the parents would let their kids stay out late, but when it's a church thing...

[quote name='Raphael' post='1362802' date='Aug 19 2007, 12:17 PM']I know, but the parents don't like their kids staying out late. I'm talking to a group of them this evening and I'm going to ask for more time...pray that they grant it.

What stinks is...if it was a soccer game, you know the parents would let their kids stay out late, but when it's a church thing...[/quote]

That can change over time. The more the parents and the kids get to know you, the more you can change that perception. But it literally takes years. Eventually I had kids who were choosing Peer Ministry over being captain of the danceline, varsity hockey, etc. because they wanted to put their time in at the church. And I worked their butts off

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1362813' date='Aug 19 2007, 12:26 PM']That can change over time. The more the parents and the kids get to know you, the more you can change that perception. But it literally takes years. Eventually I had kids who were choosing Peer Ministry over being captain of the danceline, varsity hockey, etc. because they wanted to put their time in at the church. And I worked their butts off[/quote]
Yeah. I met with a few parents already and they told me they didn't expect a problem if I asked for 2 hours, which is still a bit brief for DTS, but it's better than 1 hour.

[quote name='StColette' post='1364232' date='Aug 20 2007, 11:26 AM']My fiance is so awesome ^_^ He makes me so proud![/quote]

YOU GOT A DIFFERENT FIANCE!??!

that's great hon!!

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1364240' date='Aug 20 2007, 10:30 AM']YOU GOT A DIFFERENT FIANCE!??!

that's great hon!![/quote]

<_< :getaclue: