An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus Broke His Arm

Jaime

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1368216' date='Aug 22 2007, 07:55 PM']Well the arm is gone who knows where. The thing about it is I LOVE this rosary. Its corded and it has medallions instead of beads at the Our Fathers. Also its from Croatia so not so easy to replace. I like the combo because it seems a bit more manly (a majority of rosaries seem a bit dainty) and I always break the ones with the metal rings. (I pray hard)

I've had rosaries with just a cross before so I know that's just an issue of preference. And I know the proper thing to do if I retire the rosary. I just want to modify it and dispose of the Jesus properly.[/quote]

Seeing as its corded it might not be so easy to just replace the crucifix... I was going to suggest just doing that (as did the rev and Noel's Angel) but now I don't know... I have no idea where you'd find another corpus for the cross you have, though.

If I had a rosary I was emotionally attached to (which I do) with the same problem as yours, I would try to find another crucifix to replace the one which is broken and have a jeweler remove the old crucifix and attach the new one. I'd probably also get the new crucifix blessed before it was put on the rosary or just have a priest bless the whole rosary again.

Just replace the crucifix darlin ^_^ I understand your attachment to that rosary :) My dad has my great grandmother's rosary which has had to have numerous beads replaced but we dare not part with it because it was my great grandmother's

Since it is a corded rosary it may be possible to just replace the whole crucifix. Otherwise, there have been several really good ideas.

I know how it is when you find a rosary that you really like. People make fun of me when I "try out" rosaries in stores but feel is important.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1368610' date='Aug 22 2007, 11:35 PM']Since it is a corded rosary it may be possible to just replace the whole crucifix. Otherwise, there have been several really good ideas.

I know how it is when you find a rosary that you really like. People make fun of me when I "try out" rosaries in stores but feel is important.[/quote]
I don't know why anyone would make fun of you for that ... unless they weren't regular Rosary prayers themselves. My sister bought me one in Venice that I absolutely love. I have a couple others, one I bought myself and one a friend brought from Rome a few years ago, abut none have the same feel as the one my sister gave me. The feel of it is totally important.

IcePrincessKRS

For reals. If the beads feel awkward it's more difficult because you find yourself concentrating on the beads instead of prayer. The beads hafta flow smoothly.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1368651' date='Aug 23 2007, 12:26 AM']For reals. If the beads feel awkward it's more difficult because you find yourself concentrating on the beads instead of prayer. The beads hafta flow smoothly.[/quote]
:yes:

It is something about the weight of the beads, and the movement of them through my fingers, and the smoothness of them. And the crucifix is such an integral part of the whole feel of it that I don't know what I would do if part of it broke. I can understand wanting to keep the rosary without Jesus because of the feel of the beads and the emotional attachments, but I think it would not feel the same praying it. Maybe it eventually would.

[quote name='kateri05' post='1368671' date='Aug 23 2007, 12:54 AM']yea i like to hold christ in one hand while i move the beads in the other. so i totally understand ^_^[/quote]
that is how I do it as well. ^_^