An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hola Pham, I'm Back!

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Hi Pham!

I'm back from my 35 days visit to a monastery. I would love to give you all details and tell you where I went and all the things I did, but I've kept a promise to my heart, the life I lived is so hidden, so precious and so beautiful that it needs to stay that way - so apologies ahead of time as I will be unpurposely leaving you all to "hang."

But I can assure you God worked miracles and placed a new twist into my vocation and has surely in a positive way effected my future and the life I accepted and still say YES to everyday from that day three years ago. I can also assure you that I was VERY happy there! :lol:

DiscerningSoul

Welcome back!
I am glad to hear you had a good time, my prayers were with you all this time.

Many prayers always,

Jessica

[url="http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul"]http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul[/url] :saint:

be_thou_my_vision

ALTER!!! I missed you like crazy! I'm praying for you and for the path God is leading you on. He knows He can count on you to change the world!

God Bless you!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1369324' date='Aug 23 2007, 08:37 PM']Hi Pham!

I'm back from my 35 days visit to a monastery. I would love to give you all details and tell you where I went and all the things I did, but I've kept a promise to my heart, the life I lived is so hidden, so precious and so beautiful that it needs to stay that way - so apologies ahead of time as I will be unpurposely leaving you all to "hang."

But I can assure you God worked miracles and placed a new twist into my vocation and has surely in a positive way effected my future and the life I accepted and still say YES to everyday from that day three years ago. I can also assure you that I was VERY happy there! :lol:[/quote]

Where did you go?

Blessings,
Gemma

Hey Alter!

+ Praised be Jesus Christ!

It's great to hear you've made a wonderful retreat at a monastery!

Yeah, no worries at all about feeling obliged to tell much on a public phorum and everything. Often it's best to keep things hidden between you and the Lord. It's fun to share a few things sometimes with others, as we do here in VS - but none of us are under any obligation to do so. We're all here to help and support each other through prayer and things like sharing information on particular communities for instance, when someone asks. ^_^

When we all meet in Heaven though, with the grace of God, not presumming our salvation of course, we'll have all eternity then to tell the stories of our souls, as St. Therese said in her autobiography ( does anyone else remember that particular line in her book? I'm trying to find it :book: )

God bless you!!!

Edited by Margaret Clare

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1369910' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:37 AM']Hey Alter!

+ Praised be Jesus Christ!

It's great to hear you've made a wonderful retreat at a monastery!

Yeah, no worries at all about feeling obliged to tell much on a public phorum and everything. Often it's best to keep things hidden between you and the Lord. It's fun to share a few things sometimes with others, as we do here in VS - but none of us are under any obligation to do so. We're all here to help and support each other through prayer and things like sharing information on particular communities for instance, when someone asks. ^_^

When we all meet in Heaven though, with the grace of God, not presumming our salvation of course, we'll have all eternity then to tell the stories of our souls, as St. Therese said in her autobiography ( does anyone else remember that particular line in her book? I'm trying to find it :book: )

God bless you!!![/quote]

Yup your right Margaret Clare. :D I can say though that if people saw us at one of our recreations they'd either by laughing until they died or we would be getting the " :eek: " look especially as we were climbing trees! :lol_above:

[quote name='Gemma' post='1369814' date='Aug 24 2007, 07:10 AM']Where did you go?

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

Alter said: "I would love to give you all details and tell you where I went and all the things I did, but I've kept a promise to my heart, the life I lived is so hidden, so precious and so beautiful that it needs to stay that way - so apologies ahead of time as I will be unpurposely leaving you all to "hang.""

:)

AlterDominicus

Thanks everyone, much apperciated. :lol: I can also tell you that I went to a Cloistered community, I dont think many of ya expected that from ole' Alter - and that I'm sort of starting a mission called "The Sacred Heart Mission" that promotes vocations to the Cloistered Contemplative Life.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1370240' date='Aug 24 2007, 09:28 PM']Thanks everyone, much apperciated. :lol: I can also tell you that I went to a Cloistered community, I dont think many of ya expected that from ole' Alter - and that I'm sort of starting a mission called "The Sacred Heart Mission" that promotes vocations to the Cloistered Contemplative Life.[/quote]

+

God Bless, Alter! Seems wise to treasure these experiences within your heart! Lots of respect!

Edited by Veritas