Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 30, 2007 Posted August 30, 2007 I gave Jennie $700 to buy her $550 wedding dress and have a nice dinner out with her bridesmaids and she got a $650 dress instead... Can't trust women with anything...
Jaime Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 Why didn't you give her enough for dinner with the bridesmaids as well? What a cheapskate
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1374420' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:09 PM']Why didn't you give her enough for dinner with the bridesmaids as well? What a cheapskate[/quote] I know. I'm so thrifty...she's gonna leave me once she finds out I buy two-ply toilet paper and then separate it into two rolls of single-ply...
MissScripture Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1374421' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:11 PM'] I know. I'm so thrifty...she's gonna leave me once she finds out I buy two-ply toilet paper and then separate it into two rolls of single-ply...[/quote] So, there's this group of guys that my dad goes canoeing with every year, up in the boudary waters. A couple of them were telling this other guy about it, and they told him that only single ply toilet paper was allowed up there, and so he'd have to seperate his two ply rolls out. And he believed them!
Old_Joe Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='Raphael' post='1374421' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:11 PM'] I know. I'm so thrifty...she's gonna leave me once she finds out I buy two-ply toilet paper and then separate it into two rolls of single-ply...[/quote] Just buy paper towels and cut them in half. You can also make your own hand soap by taking leftover soap slivers and soaking them in water until they disintegrate.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 I was kidding about the TP, by the way. I saw someone do it on Oprah or something once when I was a kid...it was a whole episode about cheap spouses...lol...
photosynthesis Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 what kind of dress did she get? I've been having one heck of a time finding wedding dresses that are even remotely modest.
franciscanheart Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='photosynthesis' post='1374471' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:29 PM']what kind of dress did she get? I've been having one heck of a time finding wedding dresses that are even remotely modest.[/quote] define a modest wedding dress... (and no, im not being sarcastic. everyone's opinions are different.)
CatherineM Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 I had to make my own wedding gown in order to have one that had sleeves and a modest neckline. If you can't sew yourself, I'll bet you could find an older retired woman at church who can. If you can afford to have a professional seamstress, that would be even better. With how much gowns cost, if you are opting for something simple, having one sewn might not be more expensive.
hoosieranna Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 David's Bridal allows you to put sleeves on any strapless gown. Here's the info link: [url="http://davidsbridal.com/styleguide_accessorizing.jsp"]http://davidsbridal.com/styleguide_accessorizing.jsp[/url]
kateri05 Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' post='1374411' date='Aug 30 2007, 05:56 PM']I gave Jennie $700 to buy her $550 wedding dress and have a nice dinner out with her bridesmaids and she got a $650 dress instead... Can't trust women with anything... [/quote] you paid for jenny's wedding dress? oh and btw, mine was under $100, clearance and storewide sale combined. some of us have self control Edited August 31, 2007 by kateri05
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='photosynthesis' post='1374471' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:29 PM']what kind of dress did she get? I've been having one heck of a time finding wedding dresses that are even remotely modest.[/quote] Obviously, I have no clue what kind of dress she got, but I'm sure it's modest because she went with five or six girls from FUS to pick it out. Anyway, with her...it would have to have sleeves and it would have to be high cut...not sure what else...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='kateri05' post='1374498' date='Aug 30 2007, 10:03 PM']you paid for jenny's wedding dress? [/quote] Yeah. She doesn't have enough money. This wedding will be hard to pay for. It's gonna be close...and that's after I booked a KofC hall for $75 for the reception...we're going cheap and it's costing us thousands, lol...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='kateri05' post='1374498' date='Aug 30 2007, 10:03 PM']oh and btw, mine was under $100, clearance and storewide sale combined. some of us have self control [/quote] Well, apparently everyone who saw it said it was FAR better than the others, so I figured that if it can make her happy for the wedding, then I'd pay for it.
Lil Red Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 mine was made by my momma and gramma can't get better than that!
kateri05 Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote]$75 for the reception...[/quote] man, that's a steal. we went cheap and it cost us thousands too. really, its the fact that you have to feed and water so many people. even if you don't have an actual meal, its still a lot of food! i had never heard of it before (hubby to be buying dress), but it makes perfect sense. brian and i were in the reverse situation, where he was finishing school/looking for work while i was already working, so i was paying for most things. [quote]well, apparently everyone who saw it said it was FAR better than the others, so I figured that if it can make her happy for the wedding, then I'd pay for it.[/quote] and micah, i was just teasing btw i'm sure her dress is awesomely beautiful. its just that as a woman, you genetically have to brag about amazing bargins such as my own wedding dress. its a fact of female DNA, i can't help it
kateri05 Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote]mine was made by my momma and gramma D.gif can't get better than that![/quote] i wish i had people who could sew heck i wish i could sew. hey, we should start a wedding dress picture thread!! and then jenny could show us hers, and no boys would be allowed in until after december so micah couldn't see it!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2007 Author Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='kateri05' post='1374522' date='Aug 30 2007, 10:15 PM']man, that's a steal.[/quote] Sorry, I should have been more specific...$75 for the reception hall... The food will cost a bit more... [quote]we went cheap and it cost us thousands too. really, its the fact that you have to feed and water so many people. even if you don't have an actual meal, its still a lot of food! i had never heard of it before (hubby to be buying dress), but it makes perfect sense. brian and i were in the reverse situation, where he was finishing school/looking for work while i was already working, so i was paying for most things.[/quote] Yeah, it is a lot of food. It doesn't help that my impressions from my parents are that they want to invite everyone they know (including people I've never met)...which isn't cool, since I'm paying... [quote]and micah, i was just teasing btw i'm sure her dress is awesomely beautiful. its just that as a woman, you genetically have to brag about amazing bargins such as my own wedding dress. its a fact of female DNA, i can't help it [/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now