MissScripture Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 You and my mother both. I'm praying that God will have mercy on me and not give me any children quite as devilish as I was...I babysit for quite a few who are just like I was at their age...that counts for something, right?
homeschoolmom Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 Um, yeah... something. HSson just called from a cell phone.... He asked if it would be okay if he came home later than I was told (I was told early evening/right after dinner-ish)... now it's 10:45. I am not angry at my son, but I am a little miffed at the parents of the friend who were the ones who told me the earlier time and then changed it. What can I say, "No, come home now!"?
kateri05 Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote]Oh, carp... I forgot to remind him of all the foods that he shouldn't try to eat with his dental spacer.[/quote] hsmom, you crack me up. you're the cutest
homeschoolmom Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 Glad my running mental dialog is humorous.
Jaime Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 I can't believe you gave your son a cell phone kids today are sooooo spoiled
homeschoolmom Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [b]A[/b] cell phone.... but I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to have a prepaid cell phone for such situations in the future.
MissScripture Posted August 31, 2007 Posted August 31, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1375198' date='Aug 31 2007, 07:11 PM']Um, yeah... something. HSson just called from a cell phone.... He asked if it would be okay if he came home later than I was told (I was told early evening/right after dinner-ish)... now it's 10:45. I am not angry at my son, but I am a little miffed at the parents of the friend who were the ones who told me the earlier time and then changed it. What can I say, "No, come home now!"?[/quote] How old is HSson? Isn't 10:45 kinda late? (Not questioning you, but the choice of the other parents to keep children out that late is...interesting. Just from the kids I know, it's not really all that fun to have over exhausted children with you...)
homeschoolmom Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 He's eight. His friend is nine. I think they plan to leave at ten and it's about 45 minutes home. He asked if he could spend the night... that was the original question. I think it was set up that way to hide the fact that they were coming home so late "Just call your mom and ask if you can sleep over." So, yeah... he's going to be really crabby tomorrow when he has to clean his room, but he's tired and on a sugar crash... and I'm sure he didn't take enough money to last that long.
MissScripture Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1375227' date='Aug 31 2007, 08:05 PM']He's eight. His friend is nine. I think they plan to leave at ten and it's about 45 minutes home. He asked if he could spend the night... that was the original question. I think it was set up that way to hide the fact that they were coming home so late "Just call your mom and ask if you can sleep over." So, yeah... he's going to be really crabby tomorrow when he has to clean his room, but he's tired and on a sugar crash... and I'm sure he didn't take enough money to last that long.[/quote]
homeschoolmom Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 Meh... if he's really crabby, I will tell him to go back over to the friend's house....
knightec Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1375165' date='Aug 31 2007, 06:33 PM']You and my mother both. I'm praying that God will have mercy on me and not give me any children quite as devilish as I was...I babysit for quite a few who are just like I was at their age...that counts for something, right?[/quote] I used to laugh when my parents used to say "One day you will have children that act just like you." My parents are the ones laughing now. My 2 boys are little terrors. Now I can't wait till they have kids.
MissScripture Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 [quote name='knightec' post='1375289' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:00 PM']I used to laugh when my parents used to say "One day you will have children that act just like you." My parents are the ones laughing now. My 2 boys are little terrors. Now I can't wait till they have kids.[/quote] That's why I'm praying God has mercy on me!
CrossCuT Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 [size=1]I havnt been to the state fair in 10 years. A friend of mine lives two blocks from there....IF I do go, she is going to let me park at her house for FREE!!!! But I dunno if Ill go... [/size]
Roamin Catholic Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 dont worry HSmom, if it makes you feel better, I will force MS to take me to visit you all some time when I'm up there....
morostheos Posted September 1, 2007 Posted September 1, 2007 still? they're pretty late! maybe there was a lot of traffic leaving the fair or something that they got stuck in
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now