An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Sisters Of The Poor

DesiringMore

For all those interested, the Little Sisters of the Poor are having a Discernment Retreat in SanPedro California. For more information, www.littlesistersofthepoor.org

God Bless!!

Laurentina1975

I have to say this is an excellent group of Sisters, very kind and great spirituality and apostolate. They are also quite traditional I just love their habits. :)

[quote name='faithfulrose' post='1375669' date='Sep 1 2007, 03:00 PM']Yes!
If you go there... say 'hi!' to Sr. Paul![/quote]

+

They are here in Saint Paul, MN also.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1375597' date='Sep 1 2007, 12:55 PM']Is this the Order that has a community in Mobile, AL?[/quote]

Yep, we have a home there in Mobile!! Say hello to Sr. Sophie if you ever go to the Home!!!

Edited by DesiringMore

[quote name='DesiringMore' post='1379402' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:00 AM']Yep, we have a home there in Mobile!! Say hello to Sr. Sophie if you ever go to the Home!!![/quote]

I wrote to them once for information and they never sent it :rolleyes:

DiscerningSoul

I love going to the LSoP here in CT.
I can goto Divine Office, Mass and rosary
On fridays they have Divine Mercy adoration.
And I do love volunteering with the people there.
There is one sister who always asks me to help on the floor with dinner, I never say no to her. :)

AlterDominicus

Yeah I love our MN sisters. I used to volunteer there alot until they made a mandatory thing which I could of attended, but it fell on my confirmation retreat, haha. Good ole Sister Clare, Sister Mary Michael, and Sister Carolyn!!! :blowkiss:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1379961' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:02 PM']Yeah I love our MN sisters. I used to volunteer there alot until they made a mandatory thing which I could of attended, but it fell on my confirmation retreat, haha. Good ole Sister Clare, Sister Mary Michael, and Sister Carolyn!!! :blowkiss:[/quote]

Sr. Mary Micheal is in San Pedro now....Sr. Carolyn is in Denver...and Sr. Clare is in Gallup, NM

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1379524' date='Sep 6 2007, 11:50 AM']I wrote to them once for information and they never sent it :rolleyes:[/quote]

Really??? Would you like some information? i can definitely hook you up!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1379961' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:02 PM']Yeah I love our MN sisters. I used to volunteer there alot until they made a mandatory thing which I could of attended, but it fell on my confirmation retreat, haha. Good ole Sister Clare, Sister Mary Michael, and Sister Carolyn!!! :blowkiss:[/quote]
There is nursing home here in Cleveland under the Little Sisters of the Poor. They were collecting at my church last month and I got into a long conversation with one of the Sisters. She was a Native American. So is my husband. I just wanted to hug her...and take her home with me. She and my husband could talk tribe.
The Sisters of the Holy Spirit also have a nursing home near my church.
I spend time with my 2nd and 3rd grade Sister. She has been a Sister of St. Joseph,Third Order of St. Francis for 74 years. She wrote the book on Phonics (hope that is spelled correctly). Unfortunately, Sr. Marcella is suffering from Alzheimers. She is a treasure. I love you so much.