Anomaly Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 (edited) Dave, Since you've judged me to be so devoid of grace, in a complete state of mortal sin, totally cut off from God and condemned to hell, beyond even the possibility of having a charitable thought exist in my soul... What is it, exactly, about you, that could make me want to imitate you, and be a Catholic like you? Help a poor soul out here. Obviously I'm at a loss and lack the faintest ability to recognize your wonderful Christian traits. Edited September 11, 2007 by Anomaly
Dave Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 I never judged you. You CHOSE to take it that way. I never claimed to know your heart or soul. I just stated Church teaching. And the truth hurts. Also, regarding charity, it's interesting that for all your talk about charity, you're not being very charitable by the mere act of posting this thread. There was no need for it. I'm gonna see to it that it gets deleted.
Anomaly Posted September 11, 2007 Author Posted September 11, 2007 [quote name='Dave' post='1383140' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:30 PM']I never judged you. You CHOSE to take it that way. I never claimed to know your heart or soul. I just stated Church teaching. And the truth hurts. Also, regarding charity, it's interesting that for all your talk about charity, you're not being very charitable by the mere act of posting this thread. There was no need for it. I'm gonna see to it that it gets deleted.[/quote]I can't PM you and you chose to address me in a now closed thread. Where is 'this' lovely concept explained in the Catechism? "[b]Without the benefit of the sacraments, coupled with the mortal sin of apostasy, charity can't exist in a soul. [/b]" BTW, it you who complained about being charitable. That was 'Christian Charity' when you advised others to know when to 'shut up'? I'm just trying to be catechised and witnessed to, brother.
rollingcatholic Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 A thread like this has no place in phatmass. The two of you need to grow up!
N/A Gone Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 [quote name='Anomaly' post='1383153' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:37 PM']Where is 'this' lovely concept explained in the Catechism? "[b]Without the benefit of the sacraments, coupled with the mortal sin of apostasy, charity can't exist in a soul. [/b]"[/quote] Dont talk about how each other are charitable or not charitable, compared to what God knows we can be we all need work. It doesnt help to pick on each other. We are all working towards a goal, and we should not focus on the sin, but rather the path of theosis. I should not but in here, but I dont believe that is catholic teaching. Dave has been a catholic longer than I have, but in my readings and understanding of protestantism and the catholic view of soteriology within the catholic system that this is not teaching. But, the big thing here would be "apostasy" that is a tricky word and should not be thrown around. Do you consider yourself apostate Anomaly? The majority of protestants are far from apostate. Dont take this personal Dave. Im just posting cause the man said a serious comment.
Anomaly Posted September 11, 2007 Author Posted September 11, 2007 [quote name='RC _' post='1383161' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:41 PM']A thread like this has no place in phatmass. The two of you need to grow up![/quote] Yes. Yes I do need to grow up. It wasn't "Catholic" of me to pettily indulge my irritation. I was/am wrong.
Dave Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 Me? Heck, I wasn't even going to dignify his post with a response. He's the one who posted this thread, so don't blame me!
N/A Gone Posted September 11, 2007 Posted September 11, 2007 [quote name='Dave' post='1383173' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:45 PM']Heck, I wasn't even going to dignify his post with a response.[/quote] But you posted 10min after he made the thread??? Whats the issue with you guys? Shake hands. Hug it out
Recommended Posts