An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West

Apollo

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1383564' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:40 PM']Not even with Common's and Talib's new joints?[/quote]

i dont do secular.

I really do want to check this record out. Guy has a knack for being personable and coming out of left field. Just style falling out of his pockets basically.

Apollo, get at me sometime, man.

peace,
Manchild
gregowens@comcast.net

[quote name='theaznguy' post='1384247' date='Sep 12 2007, 12:22 PM']my friend has the cd. and its good. short but good.

so anyone know the current cd sales?
cus kanye was owning in presales last time i heard.[/quote]

I just heard Kanye is winning... i got that album yesterday after work and i like it a lot... but in my opinion "Late Registration" and "College Drop Out" were better... just like i think that Common's "Finding Forever" was really good but, "Be" was better... the music had more soul to it for me... Tho production on those previous albums really inspire me to make beats... www.myspace.com/illmedix

But without a doubt it is a good album and the artwork and concept for the casing for "Graduation" is classic! Man i like don't won't to get any smudges on it...lol... For the artsy fartsy type of person that is a great addition...

Here is a link with the news that Kanye is winning...:
[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/music_nm/kanyewest_dc"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/music_nm/kanyewest_dc[/url]

Edited by the Apologist

The album's HOT...

But...

I can't stand this whiney, crying, selfish, arrogant, pain in the ***, primamadonna emcee/producer.

Did you see/hear his tirade when he didn't win a VMA? I'm so sick of this guy...

I can't stand the way he acts. His ego, is without a doubt, too large for his own good. He's talented, but he's not as great as he thinks he is. It's probably what keeps me from buying his albums. I love his music, but I can't stand him.

Okay, I broke down and bought it (the kid friendly Wal-Mart edited version of course!). Is Kanye the only one in the mainstream doing [b]original[/b] hip-hop anymore? Even Outkast's latest couple projects were poo--and I NEVER thought I'd say that.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1384974' date='Sep 13 2007, 03:39 PM']Okay, I broke down and bought it (the kid friendly Wal-Mart edited version of course!). Is Kanye the only one in the mainstream doing [b]original[/b] hip-hop anymore? Even Outkast's latest couple projects were poo--and I NEVER thought I'd say that.[/quote]

Dude for real it seems like no one is making that old school stuff... i'm trying to make it for our next album but as for mainstream artists.. i think the closest you can get to it would be Talib Kweli...

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1385446' date='Sep 14 2007, 11:22 AM']Did you ever pick up the Krs One and Marly Marl cd... HIp Hop Lives?[/quote]

Heard some of it... unfortunately i think that Krs was better back in his earlier years... but he does still keep making oldschool hip hop... one thing that seems to happen is that with better technology, it is hard to make that underground oldschool sound anymore... unless you don't master it or something...