An Old School Catholic Message Board

"the Evil Has Landed..."

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1392210' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:53 AM'][img]http://drudgereport.com/dn.jpg[/img][/quote]

Doesn't he kinda look like a chimp anyway?
[img]http://www.chimps4me.com/USERIMAGES/chimp1.jpg[/img]

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1392355' date='Sep 24 2007, 06:45 PM']exactly!

i also heard Ahmadinejad asked to visit ground zero, but was denied.[/quote]

Ahmadinejad, for all his wrongs, is not supportive of al-Qaeda. He did not back what happened on September 11th. There is a tendency to assume that heavily politicised religious extremists in the Middle East all speak with one voice, but they don't. Iran is a Shi'a country. Al-Qaeda and its ilk preach a particularly virulent strain of Sunni Islam. There is not much love lost between Sunni and Shi'a at the best of times (sectarian violence even influences Bahrain at times, which is by and large a very peaceful country) and the hostility gets worse at a government level.

[quote name='kujo' post='1392434' date='Sep 24 2007, 09:14 PM']I'm sorry. But this guy is an ***hole. I just watched his speech at Columbia where he claimed that homosexuality is a "phenomena" which "does not exist in Iran" (which he followed up with "I don't know who told you that."). I'm sorry he's off his rocker. This is the guy who sponsors terrorism and funds it throughout the Middle East. How many US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan have been killed by IEDs or other weapons which have been provided to the insurgents by this man?[/quote]

Iran's government is all about 'revolutionary religion'. This militant presentation of Shi'a Islam triumphed over the decadence and poverty and corruption that characterised the Shah's reign, and large segments of the Iranian population continue to associate religious fervour with revolutionary freedom. This is very alarming to other governments in the Middle East, especially Saudi, where the monarchy still has the same kind of power the Shah once enjoyed. They're afraid of a domino effect, of an increasingly frustrated populace following the lead of the Iranian revolutionaries. Partly because of this and partly because it is the only primarily Shi'ite country in the region, Iran is a pariah state in the Middle East. It needs allies. This, and not a simplistic desire to kill of American troops, explains the presence of Iranian-funded insurgents in Iraq. This war is no longer about coalition troops versus insurgents, and hasn't been for a long time. It's about different groups of insurgents fighting each other for control. A better question would be, "How many Iraqi civilians have been killed by weapons provided by this man?" as their death toll far outstrips that of the coalition forces. They are the pawns in this game. What matters now is not whether you are Iraqi or American, but whether you are Sunni, Shi'a, Christian, or Yazidi.

Iran would like nothing better than to see Iraq under a Shi'a-dominated government. It would provide Iran with a power boost in the region and have a positive effect on their economic situation. Therefore, it supports the Shi'a insurgency in Iraq. We can complain that is wrong...but have we really done anything different? The Iraqi government (supposedly elected freely) is composed of puppets who were not instated without official US approval. The US has a lot in common with Iran where vested interests are concerned.

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

[quote name='kujo' post='1392434' date='Sep 24 2007, 03:14 PM']As for those on this thread extolling his intelligence and "good points," I would remind you that even the devil knows that Jesus is Lord. I have no doubt that this guy is smart and cunning and clever and all that stuff. But make no mistake about it: the blood of THOUSANDS is on his hands.[/quote]

No one is extolling his intelligence or good points. I can't even think of a good point. I just said he said something I agreed with. Like I said....even crazies get lucky and say something intelligent sometimes.

[quote name='prose' post='1392499' date='Sep 24 2007, 04:13 PM']In case it was missed...

Does anyone know if I can find his speech online?[/quote]

Prose, this was the best I could find.

[url="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/24/AR2007092401042.html"]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7092401042.html[/url]

CA, thanks for mentioning Yazidis. They tend to get overlooked, but they get trounced as much as anyone.

Let us not forget that evil is not ugly or unattractive in anyway. On the contrary it is extremely attractive and that is why we are so tempted. It is only when we practice detachment that we are able to see it for what it is. This applies to all areas of our life.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1392400' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:58 PM']US and France don't speak for the whole world, but we speak for a huge part of it. Neither of us are calling for the destruction of any Country, just pointing out that the strongest won't stand by while one country is being threatened with 'destruction' because another country thinks it shouldn't exist.[/quote]

I've only just picked up on the [url="http://www.nakba-archive.org/index.htm"]irony of that[/url].

Oh, how nice that he is now opening his speeches with prayers asking for the end of the world to be hastened:
[quote]AHMADINEJAD (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): Oh, God, hasten the arrival of Imam al-Mahdi and grant him good health and victory and make us his followers and those to attest to his rightfulness.[/quote]

The same end of the world that Ahmadinejad has promised to personally trigger in... I think we are down to one year remaining on his time line now.

Edited by Lounge Daddy

....and he stands in the well of the UN when he says this

This ifrom the man that started his career in politics by taking over the US embassey in Tehran

He is telling everyone exactly what he intends to do: kill all the Jews, destroy the U.S., deliberately trigger Armageddon, and usher his messiah, "The Mahdi," into our world.

[img]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4359/iranianguardch4.jpg[/img]

But the protesters in New York are protesting ... Bush. Naturally.
And I see the article from Time linked up at Drudge: "[url="http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1665579,00.htm"]MAG: Media stars dine with Ahmadinejad: Brian Williams, Christiane Amanpour...[/url]"

Insanity.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1393591' date='Sep 26 2007, 10:04 PM']He is telling everyone exactly what he intends to do: kill all the Jews, destroy the U.S., deliberately trigger Armageddon, and usher his messiah, "The Mahdi," into our world.[/quote]

Ahmadinejad has never expressed a desire to kill all the Jews or destroy the US. He's come out with some pretty peculiar stuff, but neither of those things have been on the list. Muslims aren't big on Armageddon or the End Times; there is very little discussion of such things in Islamic circles. As for the mahdi, he is not a messiah in the sense that we understand the term. Many Shi'a Muslims believe that he is already here, but unseen - the Hidden Imam. It is a mystical concept, not a literal one.