Ash Wednesday Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 (edited) I'm reading about Nostradamus and inquiring minds want to know your thoughts. So what say you, ladies and gentlemen? Edited September 30, 2007 by Ash Wednesday
Mercy me Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 He and a stopped clock are right twice a day
Hashbrowns Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 mmm, pb&j... I really haven't done much research about him. I don't really buy into anyone claiming to know the future, though. I agree with Mercy, sure, he might be right sometimes, but, yeah.
ruso Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 He is peculiar, nobody has guessed right nothing on the basis of its prophecies. Nevertheless, once happened the facts, many find a prophecy that announced it. I do not know that there is behind, but Nostradamus was not a prophet.
T-Bone _ Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 Those "prophesies" that he really wrote are only evident after the fact. (And he didn't write 75% of the stuff attributed to him.)
Starets Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 They are vague enough to apply to many things. He's overrated.
VeniteAdoremus Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 I hereby declare that tomorrow, it will rain.
T-Bone _ Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1395672' date='Sep 30 2007, 02:20 PM']I hereby declare that tomorrow, it will rain.[/quote] Don't you mean: Water from the sky, when the sun sets, then rises.
VeniteAdoremus Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1395673' date='Sep 30 2007, 11:23 PM']Don't you mean: Water from the sky, when the sun sets, then rises.[/quote] I thought I'd try a new style for a new era But yours sounds pretty good, actually... I'll consider it for my next prophesy
T-Bone _ Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 (edited) Edited September 30, 2007 by T-Bone _
Lounge Daddy Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='Staretz' post='1395667' date='Sep 30 2007, 03:59 PM']They are vague enough to apply to many things. He's overrated.[/quote] Agree. I seen a few books from supposed experts on him, and they were updating their interpretations and 'decoded' Nostradamus prophesies every decade or so. There is always the latest alarming revelation based on that junk.
Lounge Daddy Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 But, the St. Malachy predictions are truly interesting
ruso Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1395688' date='Sep 30 2007, 11:41 PM']But, the St. Malachy predictions are truly interesting [/quote] St. Malachy , St. Malachy . Ah, i remeber, the predictions of St. Malachy are , very funny
kafka Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='ruso' post='1395714' date='Sep 30 2007, 06:08 PM']St. Malachy , St. Malachy . Ah, i remeber, the predictions of St. Malachy are , very funny [/quote] are you serious? I sure hope not.
kafka Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1395688' date='Sep 30 2007, 04:41 PM']But, the St. Malachy predictions are truly interesting [/quote] I agree
kafka Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 Nostradamus has a bad reputation, though few ponder the fact he was a Catholic who converted from Judaism. He had good relations with the Church and State. Being a physician he attempted to help the sick during a couple of plagues. Later in his life he discovered a unique gift of prophecy given to him. I think he was able to predict the future to some extant but not without mistakes. His bad reputation springs from the fact that his writing is obscure and enigmatic. He wrote in this manner to encrypt his works so that people would not reside to fatalism. And there are over two thousand translations of his “Centuries” most of which are misinterpreted and blown out of proportion. Last people mistake him for an astrologer. He mentions the alignment of stars in his recordings. They are meant as references to later dates as a link to the future events in his recordings. Some say he developed a code of writing his quatrains that if broken would reveal the chronological order of events in his recordings. So my opinion is that he was not evil, just an ordinary Catholic, not a prophet, given a unique gift from God to predict the future albeit not perfectly.
ruso Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 I talk about to the prophecies on the Popes, these were attributed to him, but there are no tests that St. Malachy wrote. In addition no Pope will put the name to Peter II. If I believe in the authenticity of the prophecies on Ireland.
kafka Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 [quote name='ruso' post='1395733' date='Sep 30 2007, 06:53 PM']I talk about to the prophecies on the Popes, these were attributed to him, but there are no tests that St. Malachy wrote. In addition no Pope will put the name to Peter II. If I believe in the authenticity of the prophecies on Ireland.[/quote] Saint Malachy did not prophesy that he would take the name Peter II. "Peter the Roman" refers to his pontificate. I think it indicates he will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church as the Successor of Peter. He will reaffirm the Supremacy of the Roman Catholic Church as the mother and teacher of all churches. He will reform and require Catholics to practice the Faith in order to recieve Holy Communion. This among other things I think is destined for him.
jeffpugh Posted October 1, 2007 Posted October 1, 2007 The only thingsI really learned about Nostradamus was on a tv show on the discovery channel or something like that... it was interesting, but I think it's blown out of proportion as people here tend to believe.
eagle_eye222001 Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Watched a History channel presentation on him. They did a good job of drumming him up as a legitimate prophet but when I came to my senses a few days later, I realized how emotional and distorted the special was on him. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matt+maher/track/adoration"]Matt Maher - Adoration[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now