Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Not Going To Mass Today


Recommended Posts

hyperdulia again
Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1402260' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:31 AM']i like it. Looks like someone's blowing a raspberry! :topsy:[/quote]

I don't like that one either. :(

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1402259' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:30 AM']I don't believe in that, I believe thats archaic, and silly. I find the whole idea of sacrificing your child pretty morbid.[/quote]
Well, God chose to sacrifice his Son so we could be in Heaven with Him. It's bloody I true, but not really morbid.

Posted

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1402263' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:33 AM']I don't like that one either. :([/quote]
You only like the sad smilie, huh? :(

How do you feel about this one: :sadder:

hyperdulia again
Posted

no "topsy."

The crying one always make me wanna hit someone.

LilyofSaintMaria
Posted

Hey, why don't you just take a pair of sunglasses to church, huh? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
I remember going to Mass with a toothache. My cheek was all swollen on one side, looked like a chipmunk. . . Mass was still the same Mass, though.

Posted

[quote name='LilyofSaintMaria' post='1402269' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:43 AM']Hey, why don't you just take a pair of sunglasses to church, huh? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
I remember going to Mass with a toothache. My cheek was all swollen on one side, looked like a chipmunk. . . Mass was still the same Mass, though.[/quote]
Yeah, working in dental I see alot of you chipmunks, only these rascals wear Marine uniforms.

Posted

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1402261' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:31 PM']Autumn, Oh then you're not Catholic. There isn't any particular reason why you should go to Mass. :)[/quote]

I know I'm not Catholic, but I have obsessive-compulsive disorder so I have to go to Mass as part of my needed "rituals" I do not receive communion, I typically don't sing, and I don't say the creed.


[quote name='Justin86' post='1402264' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:36 PM']Well, God chose to sacrifice his Son so we could be in Heaven with Him. It's bloody I true, but not really morbid.[/quote]

I think its morbid to prove you love the world by creating a scenario where your kid was killed just to fulfill the fact that the first two people you created screwed it up for everyone. How am i supposed to believe that God knows anything about love if He had his kid die?

hyperdulia again
Posted

It starts in less than twenty minutes. My kids, sibs, and parents are gone. I'm in my jammies...I won't have time to shower...I'll smell like cigarette smoke...

hyperdulia again
Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1402272' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:47 AM']I know I'm not Catholic, but I have obsessive-compulsive disorder so I have to go to Mass as part of my needed "rituals" I do not receive communion, I typically don't sing, and I don't say the creed.[/quote]

Oh then...ok. Did you make it this morning?

Posted

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1402275' date='Oct 14 2007, 12:48 PM']Oh then...ok. Did you make it this morning?[/quote]


Mass is at 4 or 11pm on my campus

hyperdulia again
Posted

ok i'm going. late but i'm going.

Posted

11 pm?!?

That is CRAZY late.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

A practice that I recommend if one is ashamed to go to Mass because of mortal sin (or for any reason really) is to stand outside of the church in penance for the duration of the liturgy. It can be beneficial to pray the penitential psalms during this time and perhaps a few chotkis.

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1402235' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:56 AM']I hate going to Mass but I am too OCD to possibly allow myself to skip.[/quote]

Why do you hate going to Mass?

Posted

[quote name='hyperdulia again' post='1402232' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:51 AM']My allergies have made one of my eyes swell shut. It's vain. It's sinful. I'm still not going. That's all.[/quote]

I'll get back to topic here. If your eyes swell shut, you have a medical condition, and it is possible it might hamper travel efforts, especially if you are the one driving, so please stop beating yourself up for being vain. If it is something bothering your conscience, talk to your priest, you might find you are being overly scrupulous or, if he finds reason for concern, will offer some advice.

As someone who suffers from allergy attacks myself (the past week or so I've had to take BOTH Actifed AND Claritin!), you may want to look into some allergy relief medicine or see an allergist. Also, since you mention smelling of cigarette smoke, perhaps the smoking is aggravating your condition (assuming you are the one doing the smoking) and you should make a serious attempt to quit.

I'm glad to hear you made it to Mass, though.

(Oh great, now my dog is starting to sneeze big time now!)

Posted

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1402259' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:30 AM']I don't believe in that, I believe thats archaic, and silly. I find the whole idea of sacrificing your child pretty morbid.[/quote]

It would be morbid if any of us here were to do it, but Christ came to earth to save us. He could have done it any other way, but He chose to die on a cross for our sins. To me, that is beautiful that Christ would do this for me, a sinner.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Justin86' post='1402244' date='Oct 14 2007, 11:06 AM']Bet you never drank like a Catholic Sailor(which I actually am). :)

I once consumed three bottles of wine in an hour. I had a hangover the next day. My liver still curses me for it.[/quote]
Gah! Wine headaches are terrible! I hope it wasn't the good stuff, cause you wasted it if you drank it all in an hour.

Thanks for serving our country, and next time, stick to top shelf mixed drinks. Beer works too, but watch out for "brewer's droop".

Edited by Dismas
Posted

I haven't been to church in weeks. :( Not since I broke my ankle. I'm the only one in my family who drives and my church is 45 minutes away so there's no one around to pick me up to take me. But a few more weeks and I'll be able to go again.


I miss it. :weep:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='SarahB' post='1402328' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:10 PM']I haven't been to church in weeks. :( Not since I broke my ankle. I'm the only one in my family who drives and my church is 45 minutes away so there's no one around to pick me up to take me. But a few more weeks and I'll be able to go again.
I miss it. :weep:[/quote]
:sadder:

Our car is broken so we haven't been able to get to our regular parish for a few weeks too. We've been bumming rides to Mass though but I still miss our normal church. I hope something works out for you soon.

Posted

It's funny though......as much as I miss church, I don't feel far from God because I haven't been able to go. This time has actually strengthened my relationship with God. In the past if I wasn't able to go to church it would really bring me down and I would be miserable. But I've recieved a lot of graces this time around, praise God.

Doesn't mean I don't miss church. It just means Satan isn't winning this time around. :twothumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...