An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberals Toss Away Religion So They Can Reign

Autumn Dusk

The other thread became much too convoluted for me to go through to make the point that liberals use escape from religion to set themselves up as a sort of diety.

The social welfare programs take people's money as taxes and give it to the poor as they see fit. Genorisity is not necessary.
The they run on fumes of moral-less ideals, such as homosexual living, sex outside of marriage, accepted infidelity and lower ages of sexual consent. This makes self-control not necessary, and familys bothor.
They want all schooling to be free so they can control it. This makes free thought impossible.
They speak of free press but then overwhelm the press with total liberalism. This makes open-mindness impossible.
They speak of our impending ecological doom, expect others to change, but do nothing themselves. It encourages the divide between the rich and the poor.

The people then become dependant on the government...there is no religion but to self...and no duty but to government.

dairygirl4u2c

it's not one side for the other. wake up to reality.

conservatives say trickle down economics and charity. but usually do not address what happens when there is no charity. what happens when the gap between the rich and the poor increases, and some people cannot afford health insurance for example. and it's not all just people who are unwise but don't save. it's people just starting out in life. all kinds of people. people don't like paying others' bills as charity.

as for liberals, government isn't the solution to everything. they don't address how people abuse medicaid as it is. and welfare stuff. and why not interest free loans instead of handouts? like one person said. if you try to get gov to solve it, you'd kill free spirit, it'd be the service of the DMV with the clarity of the tax code.

the real debate is in the details. where the regulations are created by executive branches, or the committees that devise laws to present to congress to vote on.

people here who debate left v right are usuallly out of touch with reality.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1410116' date='Oct 27 2007, 02:02 PM']The other thread became much too convoluted for me to go through to make the point that liberals use escape from religion to set themselves up as a sort of diety.

The social welfare programs take people's money as taxes and give it to the poor as they see fit. Genorisity is not necessary.
The they run on fumes of moral-less ideals, such as homosexual living, sex outside of marriage, accepted infidelity and lower ages of sexual consent. This makes self-control not necessary, and familys bothor.
They want all schooling to be free so they can control it. This makes free thought impossible.
They speak of free press but then overwhelm the press with total liberalism. This makes open-mindness impossible.
They speak of our impending ecological doom, expect others to change, but do nothing themselves. It encourages the divide between the rich and the poor.

The people then become dependant on the government...there is no religion but to self...and no duty but to government.[/quote]
:clap:

Autumn...how do you survive in this world, in your warped sense of reality?

"The social welfare programs take people's money as taxes and give it to the poor as they see fit. Genorisity is not necessary."

...are you saying the poor and down trotten don't require financial assistance to survive?

"The they run on fumes of moral-less ideals, such as homosexual living, sex outside of marriage, accepted infidelity and lower ages of sexual consent. This makes self-control not necessary, and familys bothor."

I'd agree with this to some extend. However sex outside of marriage I do not have a problem with, the rest I do. But to think all liberals want this is pretty silly.

"They want all schooling to be free so they can control it. This makes free thought impossible."

Yes, I'm sure that's it, cause clearly free education is a BAD BAD thing! How dare we teach children without teaching them the good old right-wing thought of "Pay before you recieve".

"They speak of free press but then overwhelm the press with total liberalism. This makes open-mindness impossible."

/yawn. Ever heard of Rupert Murdoch?

"They speak of our impending ecological doom, expect others to change, but do nothing themselves. It encourages the divide between the rich and the poor."

Got proof?. Ironic you say THIS encourages the divide between rich and poor, when it'll be the poor who suffer cause of the rich-mans treatment of this planet. Who are ironically right-wing and support right-wing political parties.

-----

Well I've seen more sense from a Dan Brown book, than what I've read here.

[quote name='S][N' post='1410157' date='Oct 27 2007, 01:51 PM']
Well I've seen more sense from a Dan Brown book, than what I've read here.[/quote]

Ouch.

PapaHilarious

[quote name='S][N' post='1410157' date='Oct 27 2007, 12:51 PM']
Got proof?. Ironic you say THIS encourages the divide between rich and poor, when it'll be the poor who suffer cause of the rich-mans treatment of this planet. Who are ironically right-wing and support right-wing political parties.[/quote]

Wait...so rich people are right-wingers? Countering someone's argument which you believe to be too broad by then using your own false stereotypes just knocks the legs out from under you. Take a look at the vast wealth of Hollywood. Many, many wealthy liberals to be found.

And, um...Oprah? The list could go on :rolleyes:

cmotherofpirl

Yep. Also check out the foundations who control a vast portion of wealth in this country, the majority of them are extreme liberals and push a liberal agenda at every turn.

[quote name='PapaHilarious' post='1410191' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:10 PM']Wait...so rich people are right-wingers? Countering someone's argument which you believe to be too broad by then using your own false stereotypes just knocks the legs out from under you. Take a look at the vast wealth of Hollywood. Many, many wealthy liberals to be found.

And, um...Oprah? The list could go on :rolleyes:[/quote]

I agree with you on this one.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1410196' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:25 PM']Yep. Also check out the foundations who control a vast portion of wealth in this country, the majority of them are extreme liberals and push a liberal agenda at every turn.[/quote]
and what a coindence.

This is the representivite of the control and danger of EXTREME liberalism. I don't think every liberal wants to control everything, but I'm just pointing out that a extremely liberal, religionless society is just as bad, if not worse as an extremely conservitave, religous society.

ALL education should not be provided free by the government. I do not want to loose my option to PAY for education and control the contents. If all education is paid for by the government then its all controled by the government.
Yes, the government should help people out in the bind but while trying to help everyone they are giving the impression people don't have to help eachother.

I'm saying over-taxation and social programs curbs people's generosity, someone is not going to donate to the shelter or food bank if they think the government has it all under control

[quote name='PapaHilarious' post='1410191' date='Oct 27 2007, 04:10 PM']Wait...so rich people are right-wingers? Countering someone's argument which you believe to be too broad by then using your own false stereotypes just knocks the legs out from under you. Take a look at the vast wealth of Hollywood. Many, many wealthy liberals to be found.

And, um...Oprah? The list could go on :rolleyes:[/quote]

Not what I was saying. "Rich-man's" is a term used by the poor to describe the wealthy and powerful of society, such as CEO's, Board Directors, Politicians etc. Sorry, guess you gotta be among the impoverished to understand this stance.

[quote name='S][N' post='1410220' date='Oct 27 2007, 07:40 PM']
Not what I was saying. "Rich-man's" is a term used by the poor to describe the wealthy and powerful of society, such as CEO's, Board Directors, Politicians etc. Sorry, guess you gotta be among the impoverished to understand this stance.[/quote]

Many CEO's are liberal...I include those who's bottom line places profit over people/ecological impacts

Edited by Autumn Dusk

Basicly most liberals are not religious. They try to make people beleive that religion is unimportant. By controling the major news media and the public school system they are feeding the minds of america with rubbish. Some of the social programs that the liberals put out are good. But in order to hide the bad they do have to have some good. Think of all the hundreds of millions of dollars that they give to Planned Parenthood each year. You can give that much money to an organization that is the leading provider of abortion in our country, instead of to the many needy families in America. Is'nt ther like 300 million people in America, with all the government money that they are giving to Planned Parenthood they could give almost a million dollars to everyone in America.