An Old School Catholic Message Board

Big Decisions

djc0889

My former parish priest called last weekend and wondered if i was interested in a High School Seminary in Wisconsin called St. Lawerence. He always knew i was interested in the priesthood and I feel like that is what God is calling me to do, but I don't know if i'm willing to give up going to my public school and not seeing my friends and family as much. I know i will make new friends there but i'm still kind of scared. I also know that St. Lawrence will help me explore what i want to do with my life and i'll be with kids that share the amse intrests as me. I'm just confused and i thought i might seek advice here.

Do not let fear dictate the decisions you make...that is my only advice...as i give this advice to you, i also am telling it to myself as well....

I read this in a magazine today...and thoguht i'd share with you....

CHANGE: GOD'S GIFT TO YOU

By Joyce Meyer

The more i grow, the more i understand that i need change to move forward. i've discovered that when God pushes me out of my comfort zone its because He wants to bless me with so much more than i had before. that's where Paul writes, "for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" as i ponder those words, i had to face the fact that FEAR was standing in the way of the better thing that God has for me. Friend, nothing you leave behind to follow the Lord even compares to the reward He will give you. Trust Him to guide you, and even if the journey takes you along unfamiliar roads, you will always be safe in the hollow of His hand. The Bible says He will direct your paths(Prv.3:6) and change is His gift to you. do not be afraid. you may not know the path ahead, but He does. and He will lead you all the way to victory.