Rebirth flame Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 They do. I am going to spread this determination with others. Hopefully my actions will touch someone else and help them in these tough times. As long as you keep Christ at the center of your life, others will see him in you and be moved by what you do (or in some cases, what you don't do ) Keep up the good work!!!
Rebirth flame Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 will do rebirth. will do. Good, i'd hate to come over there and beat u up for not doing so.... JK!!!! ^_^
cimlog Posted February 17, 2004 Author Posted February 17, 2004 *Rebirth slaps around cimlog* *cimlog wake up with tweety bird*
nikkan_hanil Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I go mostly homeschool so I have no temptations... ... ... ... ... ...urge...to kill...classmate... :pitchfork:
cimlog Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 Nikkan Do you get any peer pressure outside of your homeschool setting?
nikkan_hanil Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Yeah, but I think homeschooling pretty much saved my life being as it's toughened my morals and such. Without homeschooling, I don't think I'd ever learn about my religion/faith. :priest:
cimlog Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 That's neat Nikkan. That is cool. I am glad everything is working out for you.
cimlog Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 That's neat Nikkan. That is cool. I am glad everything is working out for you.
nikkan_hanil Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Thanks. PS- I know this is kind of late, but it kind of does look like Puumba is eating Timon. ;)
Thomas Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I find that the most of my temptations come from my hormones. I'm 17 and there is WAY too many sexual temptations...even flirting on MSN. I've only recently returned to God, so I'm sure that as our relationship grows, my ability to abstain from flirtatious acts and temptations will grow too. Pray for me.
Rebirth flame Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 I find that the most of my temptations come from my hormones. I'm 17 and there is WAY too many sexual temptations...even flirting on MSN. I've only recently returned to God, so I'm sure that as our relationship grows, my ability to abstain from flirtatious acts and temptations will grow too. Pray for me. can do, thomas!!! God Bless!!! :D
Iacobus Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 As Thomas said, hormones cause my great it problems. I have found that when I have an "impluse" the best tatic to use, seeing that you can't always go to Mass, is to pray the Rosary. It will take your mind of the urges and re-focus you on God. Plus I always walk away with a warm fuzzy feeling (it might be the dog that sleeps in my bed is laying on me again but I like to think not). Also God was so kind to give us 2 hands each with 5 fingers so you always kind of have a Rosary. Also I try to avoid parties and thing I know that smoking and drinking and sex will be occuring at. I cannot stand the smell of cigerettes or cigars or things like that. So no amount of peer perssure will make me do that. I have had to care for a very very drunk teenager before. I just got him to my house and stayed up all night watching over him. I prayed for hours. And sex... that is the hardest one. I just pray for strength and help when it troubles me. Plus I avoid places I know that will happen so I can remain pure. But other times that is not an issue. I could have anything happen to me and not want sex. You just need to "conquer thyself."
Colleen Posted February 21, 2004 Posted February 21, 2004 show others (like your friends) that you're not going to give into the temptations of the world. this can be as simple as saying, "sorry, i'm not going to go see that movie. i don't want to." and if they ask why, explain it to them! it's tough, i know, it can be really hard, but then you're helping others (not just yourself). you might think you're looking really uncool, but you may be helping somebody out -- giving them the courage to fight the temptations. and remember, a temptation is simply that: a tempatation. it's not a sin. it's only when you act on that temptation.
Rebirth flame Posted February 28, 2004 Posted February 28, 2004 bump (cuz this thread is cool) Does anybody have anything else to add??? i know it's been a while since the last reply, but this thread is amesome!!! :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now