Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Culture To Lower Phatmass' Ratings?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Good, good. Great response, dUSt!

Posted

Okay, just my $.02 here, and I'd kind of rather the topic just be buried, but I know the people who run Catholic Culture, and they are good people and orthodox Catholics. They are also fallible and can make mistakes or exercise poor judment just like everyone else (as well as the site being a part-time job, and reviewing sites being far down on their priorities).
Like the last time that site was mentioned on here, this very quickly degenerated into a Catholic Culture-hating fest.
This spectacle of Catholics-bashing-Catholics, mostly on ignorant assumptions is indeed sickening to watch, especially as I've seen cases where this sort of loose talk leads to very ugly situations.
We have to be careful what we say, as people's good names are at stake, and this whole thing verged awfully close at times to gossip, slander, and calumny.

I say there was absolutely no reason to post the original letter on here in the first place. It was a privately sent letter, and the issue was resolved privately. As nothing negative was ever actually posted about phatmass on their site, there was no need for this to have been made public on phatmass.
(See Matthew 18:15 on fraternal correction.)

I've disagreed strongly with some of phatmass' administrative actions, yet I don't go posting on other websites bashing phatmass.

Just some thoughts.

God bless.

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' post='1434170' date='Dec 13 2007, 11:07 PM']Okay, just my $.02 here, and I'd kind of rather the topic just be buried, but I know the people who run Catholic Culture, and they are good people and orthodox Catholics. They are also fallible and can make mistakes or exercise poor judment just like everyone else (as well as the site being a part-time job, and reviewing sites being far down on their priorities).
Like the last time that site was mentioned on here, this very quickly degenerated into a Catholic Culture-hating fest.
This spectacle of Catholics-bashing-Catholics, mostly on ignorant assumptions is indeed sickening to watch, especially as I've seen cases where this sort of loose talk leads to very ugly situations.
We have to be careful what we say, as people's good names are at stake, and this whole thing verged awfully close at times to gossip, slander, and calumny.

I say there was absolutely no reason to post the original letter on here in the first place. It was a privately sent letter, and the issue was resolved privately. As nothing negative was ever actually posted about phatmass on their site, there was no need for this to have been made public on phatmass.
(See Matthew 18:15 on fraternal correction.)

I've disagreed strongly with some of phatmass' administrative actions, yet I don't go posting on other websites bashing phatmass.

Just some thoughts.

God bless.[/quote]
The thing that separates phatmass from other websites is that I try to run it as a community rather than an individual. You've been around long enough to know that I pretty much make every decision with the help of the phamily. So, when you speak of phatmass' "administration" you're basically speaking of all of us, including you.

I have no problem with you airing your concerns with phatmass publically, and encourage it. In fact, I know that you yourself agree with this method, as I received no private e-mail from you before your very public post on this matter.

Posted (edited)

Everyone go donate $5 to the Mirus and Co. fundraising campaign if you can. :) They have 2 days left and $4,000 left to raise.

What I like best about CC is that Dr. Mirus always sends a meaningful personal reply to any email inquires I send. They [the website ratings] have helped me as I was doing research on over 15 different catechetical series for work with only one month to do it in.

Edited by Brother Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...