An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Was Told To Come To The Vocation Station

Light Seeker

Well I had explained why I feel led towards vocation in the open mic link, but I would like for anybody to read what I had wrote. And assist me on what else I should do.

Sister Rose Therese

I think this is the thread he is refering to.
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=75640"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=75640[/url]

Edited by Sister Rose Therese

Thomist-in-Training

OK, I read it. So, you've thought about it a little already. First off, do you have somewhere to live right now??

Second, have you looked into any particular Orders, or are you thinking about diocesan priesthood?

If neither, it might help to go and visit (if you are able to get to any) whatever religious communities are near you. (Not to be flip but from quickly looking through the Colorado Springs website I feel like saying "What a great diocese!" only because you have the FSSP and a vocations director in a cassock... that's pretty awesome). I couldn't really tell what other orders there might be in the diocese based on the website, except the Community of St. John, which I don't know much about.

Something else that can help is if you feel a strong devotion to a particular Saint who was a priest or religious, it may be a sign that you should consider their Order, or the diocesan priesthood, depending where they are from.

I don't know where exactly you live, or where exactly the FSSP is in Colorado Springs but if it is anywhere you can get to, you might think about asking the FSSP Priest for advice, actually, since others have recommending that you not talk to someone who asks you about your dreams (though I'd think sometimes they can be useful. I have had some profound dreams that really made an impact on me.) The FSSP is very orthodox and should give good advice. (If you don't know, it is the Fraternity of St. Peter, a priestly society in union with Rome that offers the Tridentine Mass, or older Latin Mass. But they won't only say you should join a Tridentine community, at least the priest I know doesn't so don't worry.)

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1437017' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:57 AM']OK, I read it. So, you've thought about it a little already. First off, do you have somewhere to live right now??

Second, have you looked into any particular Orders, or are you thinking about diocesan priesthood?

If neither, it might help to go and visit (if you are able to get to any) whatever religious communities are near you. (Not to be flip but from quickly looking through the Colorado Springs website I feel like saying "What a great diocese!" only because you have the FSSP and a vocations director in a cassock... that's pretty awesome). I couldn't really tell what other orders there might be in the diocese based on the website, except the Community of St. John, which I don't know much about.

Something else that can help is if you feel a strong devotion to a particular Saint who was a priest or religious, it may be a sign that you should consider their Order, or the diocesan priesthood, depending where they are from.

I don't know where exactly you live, or where exactly the FSSP is in Colorado Springs but if it is anywhere you can get to, you might think about asking the FSSP Priest for advice, actually, since others have recommending that you not talk to someone who asks you about your dreams (though I'd think sometimes they can be useful. I have had some profound dreams that really made an impact on me.) The FSSP is very orthodox and should give good advice. (If you don't know, it is the Fraternity of St. Peter, a priestly society in union with Rome that offers the Tridentine Mass, or older Latin Mass. But they won't only say you should join a Tridentine community, at least the priest I know doesn't so don't worry.)[/quote]

Yeah I'm back with my family, they took me in, it was kind of a shock but I'm glad that it happend I also have a job now, but yeah I've looked into the Franciscans but I'm going to wait and see where I should be led to, but the FSSP eh? I'll have to speak to my priest about that. And as for a particular Saint I'm not sure yet. But I have been praying on my rosary every night like my priest instructed me to do even though sometimes I end up falling asleep but for the most part I complete it. I figure as long as I keep it up I'll get an answer when the time comes.

Thomist-in-Training

Sounds like you're in good shape with the Rosary! :thumbsup: (I know it varies widely for people how easy it is to get to Daily Mass. Is there any chance of this for you? It's a big help too.)

Let me clarify: I just meant the FSSP if, as some suggested in the other thread, you were looking for a new spiritual director (someone said maybe not to trust someone who told you to write down dreams... though as I said it's possible that sometimes they can be helpful). But, I would certainly recommend them to anyone as a possible vocation as well.

The Franciscans of the Immaculate I have heard only good things about. I met some of their Sisters in Rome and they were fantastic. One of my friends visited their Brothers this summer and said they were great. I've heard that the friars' preaching is very orthodox and often says things people don't like to hear! Just what we need :) The CFRs, Capuchin Friars of the Renewal, are also supposed to be in good shape. You might keep these communities in mind and maybe write to them for information. Writing never hurts, they will send you some pamphlets about themselves and maybe a letter, but you won't be under any obligation or anything.

Sister Rose Therese

I used to have trouble falling asleep saying my rosary too. That is until I decided never to try to pray it in bed. If you pray it kneeling it is much harder to fall asleep. :)
There are a lot of franciscans out there. Some more traditional than others. I would encourage you to look around and let the Lord guide you. Don't do it in a rush like you've got a deadline.
It sounds like a good move for you to be back home.
God bless you!
I'll pray for you.

Somehow, I just don't believe Our Blessed Lady gets upset when we fall asleep praying the rosary. It kinds of makes me closer to Her as my Mother.
How I pray that you find some peace

Lol you guys are great I never imagined that I'd get this much feedback, but I am taking everything that everybody is saying into consideration, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone and I hope your Christmas Rocked!!!