Old_Joe Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 [quote name='Dreamweaver' post='1439753' date='Dec 29 2007, 05:23 PM']Slightly off topic, but I have some interesting stories about gift packaging. I haven't gotten any terrible presents, but when I turned 4, my parents gave me a LEGO kit that was placed in a box of those fake logs for fireplaces. I cried and refused to open the box, thinking they just gave me fake logs! Another time I gave a friend a birthday present, wrapped in tons of duct tape. I put trinkets and junk within the duct tape layers, so she couldn't just cut it off. I took about half an hour just to unwrap![/quote] I can relate to that. For the longest time, my mom would wrap presents in Schawn boxes. We get frozen food delivered by Schawn's every month or so. It became an inside joke with us. Just picture a kid tearing the wrapping off a gift only to find that the box says, "Country Sausage Patties."
prose Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 [quote name='Dreamweaver' post='1439753' date='Dec 29 2007, 04:23 PM']Another time I gave a friend a birthday present, wrapped in tons of duct tape. I put trinkets and junk within the duct tape layers, so she couldn't just cut it off. I took about half an hour just to unwrap![/quote] We also did that. And then we put it in a ziplock bag, covered that with vaseline, wrapped that in packing tape, which we covered in honey, duct taped that, and then wrapped it. It wasn't even that great of a gift inside
Lterrebrood Posted December 31, 2007 Posted December 31, 2007 My mom and I have done some pretty mean stuff to my brother with gift packaging. One year on his birthday, we gave him a bag of mushrooms. He HATES mushrooms. The next year I bought him shoes, but wrapped a pair of his old shoes in the box. And just for kicks, I wrapped up one of his toys that was lying around on the table. He unwrapped it halfway then threw it at me. For Christmas this year, my mom wrapped up a pair of his old shoes, so he got mad and threw the box down. Later he discovered there was an iPod in one of the shoes..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now