Paladin D Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 Don't understand the poll, but I picked the first one.
M.SIGGA Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 "Never Forgotten" because that sounds deep. When I'm famous and dead and a *saint* I want this written on my tomb. Plus I saw this on the War Memorial at Pearl Harbor too.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 Always remembered sounds good, never forgotten sounds more negative.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 Always remembered sounds good, never forgotten sounds more negative. "I will remember you . will you remember me?"
cimlog Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 Never fogotten sounds better to me. It seems more profound with a deeper treasure waiting to be discovered. His actions will always remembered but his love is never fogotten.
thicke Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 I don't know...."always remembered" sounds like it would always be a good thing. "never forgotten" sounds like it could be a good thing or a bad thing.
VeraMaria Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 i dunno i voted "always remembered" funny poll once u think about it :lol:
Rebirth flame Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 I picked never forgotten just because.... ok, so i don't have a reason. this is like one of thos glass half full/half empty things, isn't it? :D
Rebirth flame Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 hehehe i think IXpenguin is enjoying confusing us... :P
IXpenguin21 Posted February 16, 2004 Author Posted February 16, 2004 i just think it's neat that we all have a different preferance of which we like...
thicke Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 this is like one of thos glass half full/half empty things, isn't it? :D HA! It's completely full, half with water and half with air!
VeraMaria Posted February 16, 2004 Posted February 16, 2004 HA! It's completely full, half with water and half with air! :lol:
Birgitta Noel Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 I picked always remembered, because I think of people remembering those they loved fondly once they are gone. And yes, never forgotten does seem to have a much more sombre connotation.
nikkan_hanil Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 (edited) I don't care. If I wasn't Catholic I'd just have my body tossed in a dump for all that I care. Remembrance is nothing to me. Edited February 17, 2004 by nikkan_hanil
phatcatholic Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 i chose "never forgotten"...........and here's why: when i read the phrase "always remembered" the first thing i thought of was pride. i was particularly effected by the word "always." to request that people always have me on their mind-- which essentially means that every second of every day they are thinking of me--seems rather prideful. it reminds me of things that are ubiquitous, like freakin AOL or Britney Spears. it reminds me of people who constantly crave to be in the spotlight and have everyone's attention. i don't want that. its artificial. its ridiculous. however, when i read the phrase "never forgotten" i don't take the word "never" to the same extreme that i take the word "always". for some reason, when i think of the phrase "never forgotten" i think of being recalled occasionally whenever something sparks that memory, like a song, or a smell, or a word. but then one must wonder, how come i don't treat these phrases the same way, and call them both prideful? afterall, strictly speaking, they mean the same thing. however, their connotations, and the feelings they evoke are different. its like the words "house" and "home." when we see the word house we think of a building. when we see the word home we think of the building, and also the family, and the memories that make it a comfortable place to be. such is the case here. i read "always remembered" and i think pride. i read "never forgotten" and i think nostalgia. why? probably b/c i don't think i'm cool enough to be always remembered, but i would hate to ever be forgotten. hehe, sorry..............the doctoral thesis is now complete. pax christi, phatcatholic
Colleen Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 never forgotten. i'm not that important to be always remembered.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now