kujo Posted April 17, 2008 Posted April 17, 2008 [quote name='The Bus Station' post='1500417' date='Apr 15 2008, 09:02 PM']Someone better knock me out tonight.[/quote] ...well, did they? Obviously, David Cook rocked out and was the highlight. But Jason Castro, David Archuleta and Carlie Simon did awesome too!
soccer girl =D Posted April 17, 2008 Posted April 17, 2008 david cook and jason castro are amazing! lol
kujo Posted April 17, 2008 Posted April 17, 2008 [quote name='soccer girl =D' post='1501365' date='Apr 16 2008, 09:41 PM']david cook and jason castro are amazing! lol[/quote] Hehe. I really like Castro, but I don't think his Jack Johnson-type style while allow him to win American Idol; however, he will [b]undoubtedly[/b] be incredibly successful when he inevitably cuts an album.
Jaime Posted April 18, 2008 Author Posted April 18, 2008 [quote name='kujo' post='1501363' date='Apr 16 2008, 08:37 PM']...well, did they? Obviously, David Cook rocked out and was the highlight. But Jason Castro, David Archuleta and Carlie Simon did awesome too![/quote] Carly Smithson Carly Simon has already made it
kujo Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1502548' date='Apr 18 2008, 10:49 AM']Carly Smithson Carly Simon has already made it[/quote] Haha. My bad.
The Bus Station Posted April 20, 2008 Posted April 20, 2008 (edited) No one really knocked me out on Tuesday, but I thought they were all good. I'm gonna say Carly was the best, though. I still can't pick a favorite, which is what I love about this year. I fluctuate between Brooke, Jason, Carly and David Cook. I think the judges have been way too hard on Carly, and think that if she were to pick the perfect song and really belt it, she could outshine Archuletta. That's why I like this year because I feel like I'd be happy with any winner (well, besides Syesha. She's very good, but not great). Edited April 20, 2008 by The Bus Station
goldenchild17 Posted April 21, 2008 Posted April 21, 2008 (edited) Syesha's a pretty good singer, but not better than the rest of them. Archuleta might be a good singer but he doesn't sing any style that I would ever in a million years listen to, can't stand him. Castro, I like but I don't think his style will win it, but definitely something I'd consider listening to if he put out an album. I really like Brooke but I wonder if I will like her style if she makes it big. I love Cook and Carly, and (Michael Johns even though he's gone) and will be happy if either of them win. Edited April 21, 2008 by goldenchild17
The Bus Station Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 I'm calling Carly taking the cake tonight.
kujo Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 [quote name='The Bus Station' post='1507012' date='Apr 22 2008, 09:04 PM']I'm calling Carly taking the cake tonight.[/quote] I think she was probably the most memorable of the show. She was really good. David Cook was good, and will never have to sing like that again.
The Bus Station Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 I actually thought Syesha was the best last night Carly is a close second. Here's my bottom 3 predictions: Jason Brooke Syesha (she just doesn't have enough fans) I think Jason is going home.
kujo Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 Wow...that is complete carp! How are Seyesha and Brooke STILL around while Carlie and Michael Johns are not?!?! I hate (don't hate, appreciate) when it gets down to a mere popularity contest...
goldenchild17 Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 (edited) [quote name='kujo' post='1508163' date='Apr 24 2008, 12:14 AM']Wow...that is complete carp! How are Seyesha and Brooke STILL around while Carlie and Michael Johns are not?!?! I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) when it gets down to a mere popularity contest...[/quote] seriously, carly and johns were my #2 and 3, in either order. I don't like theme nights. Edited April 24, 2008 by goldenchild17
DemonSlayer Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 I just found out they made them sing "Shout to the Lord", that is just crazy.
The Bus Station Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 It is pretty silly. I guess she just didn't have the fan base.
Alycin Posted April 26, 2008 Posted April 26, 2008 I just can't believe Brooke is still there. It's that wholesome image she's pushing... it HAS to be. And paula was soooo right... YOU NEVER START, STOP, AND START OVER! No, No NO! bleh. I like both the Davids.
kujo Posted April 26, 2008 Posted April 26, 2008 [quote name='Alycin' post='1510194' date='Apr 26 2008, 01:53 AM']I just can't believe Brooke is still there. It's that wholesome image she's pushing... it HAS to be. And paula was soooo right... YOU NEVER START, STOP, AND START OVER! No, No NO! bleh. I like both the Davids.[/quote] Brooke annoys me. But, I think Paula was wrong. You don't just "make up words" to a famous Broadway song [i]with the writer in the audience.[/i] While it was certainly a tense, awkward moment, it was only the first 10 seconds of the song, so starting over wasn't that big of a deal, in my view. Archuleta annoys me, too. His voice is breathy, he has ZERO CHARISMA (that "awschucks" thing is obnoxious), and can barely control his blinking/nervous smiling when he's not singing. The whole thing bothers me. His voice is nice, but he hasn't shown me much since singing "Imagine," other than picking these bizarre songs that he is 10-15 years too young to enjoy.
The Bus Station Posted April 26, 2008 Posted April 26, 2008 I really liked Brooke early on, but yeah, she is starting to bug me. She had some really good performances early on, but she has just looked weaker each week in comparison to the other performers. Now that Carly is gone I don't care as much. David Cook [i]should[/i] win, but that Archuleta has all the girls swooning. I don't know how. He can't even speak in complete sentences.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now