An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ak's Axes And Nukes

dairygirl4u2c

So, based on what I'm reading, no one should own a rifle. Tha's what I'm hearing. An AK47 (junk in my personal opinion) is nothing more than a rifle. So what if it's automatic. Firing on full auto, even for well trained peole is very ineffective at what are known as point targets (people). So I go into a room and start spraying, if I have a 30 round magazine maybe I have 15 hits, depending on the density of people in the room.

If I have my rifle on semi-auto and a 30 round magazine, I'm looking at maybe 20 to 28 hits. It is actually far easier to take well aimed shots quickly than to hit acurately with auto.

In my mind that example negates the whole ban automatic weapons concept.

Now, if I had a Browning M2 .50 Caliber Machine Gun on my car, that would be far different. A matter of scale considering I could take out carloads of people with very few rounds.

I think the public focuses too easily on the glamour of gun deaths. As was pointed out earlier far more people die of other causes, but "We NEED to do something about GUN DEATHS!"

Guns, of all varieties, are nothing more than tools. They are designed to kill, whether it be humans or animals, it is the psychology of the killer you should be worried about, not the tool they use.

Ted Bundy never once used a gun to kill. Neither did the Green River Killer if I remember correctly. Between the two of them 50+ people lost their lives.

BTW, if I could bring my M9 Semi-auto Pistol and M16 Rifle home with me in between drill weekends, I'd be a happy camper.

The first time I ever went into the ocean, I walked in a few feet very slowly as I was kind of scared. A crab crabbed on to my big toe. I could have used an AK-47 that day! Shaking him off was a trip. :hehehe: Here is a photo of the crab. I sold him to these people.

[img]http://seagrant.uaf.edu/news/06news/images/crab-rehab/sara-brad-200.jpg[/img]

dairygirl4u2c

well i admit i don't know hte mechanics of how automatics shoot very well, and that could change my position if i had a better grasp.

and, if someone were to just start spraying aimlyessly, a pistol probably would cause just as much of a problem.

but, it seems like if it's done right, you could just point at one person and then the other jsut as you would wiht a pistol, making it at least as efective as a pistol, and all the sprying in the mean time is just icing on the cake, and necessarily more than a pistol could do.