Paladin D Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=149977
littleflower+JMJ Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 yes, its very important that we use our opportunities to always be good role models and use the chances we get to not follow the trash that the industries are full of.
nikkan_hanil Posted February 17, 2004 Posted February 17, 2004 Oricco, eh? I should've known...Good for her. :cool:
Thomas Michael Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 (edited) I hope Stacie keeps this healthy attitude throughout her life and her career. So many celebrities out there start out as squeaky-clean role-model material, but after a few years they eventually succumb to the lure of popularity through promiscuity. I used to think Michelle Branch was a nice and wholesome young talent... until she went and posed topless for the cover of Maxim magazine. What a pity. <_< Edited February 18, 2004 by Thomas Michael
thicke Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Actually, she said their clothes are degrading, not them personally. Be careful with the headlines.
Brother Adam Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Stacie is a Christian. I have her album. Great godly music.
Paladin D Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 Actually, she said their clothes are degrading, not them personally. Be careful with the headlines. Just quoting the article title.
joemal1117 Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I could be wrong, but I believe she was Catholic. can anyone verify this?
Jake Huether Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Maybe I'm just a little TOO old fashion, but don't you think HER clothes are a little "revealing" also?? Is it just me?? I'm not saying turtle necks and long skirts are necessary. But she's shoing quite a bit of skin too in that pic. All entertainers need prayer.
cimlog Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I think it is good that she is expressing her feelings. She is kinda seperating from the pack with this statement. I will have to get her CD and see how her music compares.
Paladin D Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 Maybe I'm just a little TOO old fashion, but don't you think HER clothes are a little "revealing" also?? Is it just me?? I'm not saying turtle necks and long skirts are necessary. But she's shoing quite a bit of skin too in that pic. All entertainers need prayer. That looks like a ordinary dress...
Homestarlover85 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 (edited) Im a fan of Stacie's the "theres more to life" song is such a good song. It makes me happy that its making main stream, and that so many people are being exposed to good music Edited March 19, 2004 by Homestarlover85
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Jake Huether' date='Feb 18 2004, 09:28 AM'] Maybe I'm just a little TOO old fashion, but don't you think HER clothes are a little "revealing" also?? Is it just me?? I'm not saying turtle necks and long skirts are necessary. But she's shoing quite a bit of skin too in that pic. All entertainers need prayer. [/quote] Its a liiiiittle on the strappy side... but compared to the stuff the Britney and Christina wear she's about 20x more modest in that dress. I'm glad she's speaking out and saying things like this. People need to hear it.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Maybe a dress like this might've been better than the spaghetti straps considering the subject matter... heh.... but I'm not a guy --I don't really "look" at chicks, so normally I wouldn't have noticed what she was wearing if it was summertime. But I think girls should consider that. They don't feel like they're showing off, but guys notice.... If she had a nice scarf or a wrap around her shoulders it might have helped. The camisole fabric isn't so flattering on her midriff anyway. Banana Republic has really cute dresses out this spring that are reasonbly modest for spring/summer but really retro 50s and 60s cute. But I'm saving my money for school... saving my money..... *sigh* -Ash, from the fashion police.
yesygerm Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 I'm glad she has shared her feelings and hope more mainstream artist feel the same, and express it to the world. Not a big fan of her music though but I do like her song " I promise".
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 haha Well, I wasn't going to go into fashion critique, but since you already did Ash.... I totally agree. hehe On saving money..... heck, I'm just too stingy to buy things for the prices I see in most stores. I look at the item and then at the price and wonder where on earth the rest of the fabric I'm paying for is. I do have a weakness for Express.... especially their jeans....
Frankcdnj Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 I find her lecherous. If I had a daughter I would not want her to have anything to do with Britney or Christina.
Colleen Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 19 2004, 01:45 PM'] Maybe a dress like this might've been better than the spaghetti straps considering the subject matter... heh.... but I'm not a guy --I don't really "look" at chicks, so normally I wouldn't have noticed what she was wearing if it was summertime. But I think girls should consider that. They don't feel like they're showing off, but guys notice.... If she had a nice scarf or a wrap around her shoulders it might have helped. The camisole fabric isn't so flattering on her midriff anyway. Banana Republic has really cute dresses out this spring that are reasonbly modest for spring/summer but really retro 50s and 60s cute. But I'm saving my money for school... saving my money..... *sigh* -Ash, from the fashion police. [/quote] i like that dress (the Banana republic one). dresses like those are so hard to find! and when you do find them, they cost way too much. Edited March 19, 2004 by Colleen
Iacobus Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 I did think that dress was a little too much but the article said that when they interciewed her she was in a long sleve t-shirt and jeans.
~runnergurl~ Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 I think the dress is fine. Classy, even. And Ash, don't bash the stomach pudge.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now