lifespath Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Has anyone ever experienced their rosary turning to gold? If you or someone you knows have experienced this, please let me know. I’m interested in writing an article for a magazine about this and would like to interview someone. As for me, shortly after my mother’s death, I noticed that the chain near my cross and center medal was changing to a goldish color. Then after a few weeks had passed, all of the metal links changed to this same color. My beads are made of glass, so they never turned. This rosary is very special to me now, especially since my mother gave it to me. May God bless you!
CatherineM Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Were you wearing it around your neck? After my father died, the medal I wore around my neck did that. I found out that I had basically eaten through the outer metal and exposed the bronze underneath. The doctor said that the stress of his passing had caused chemical changes in my skin, like Ph, and it became more acidic or something. It eventually settled down, and I got a new medal.
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 My sister has a rosary that has turned from silver to gold to silver and back to gold. The guy who has led over 1000 people to Medjugorje, Jim, had his St. Jude medal turn gold about 17 years ago and is still gold. He bought another medal and carried around for all these years. He gave it to me last March. It did not turn gold for me but, I was converted so even better!
praying4carmel Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 The Woman who owns our Local Catholic Bookstore here has had all of her Rosaries turn to Gold that she got at Medjugorje, and would tell you about it, I am sure. PM me and I will give you the Number. P4C
Spamity Calamity Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Wow these are really cool stories! I had never heard of this phenomena before. Do you think they just changed color or were actually turned to gold? A simple test could show that...
dUSt Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 My grandfather's silver watch turned to gold during a pilgrimmage to Medjugorje.
jeffpugh Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Lawl, transubstantiation? or maybe just chemical effects on metal? That's what I wanna know.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 My husbands rosary started turning gold when he went to a Marian conference.We both saw the sun dance.
the_rev Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 I had a rosary turn to gold and now my new rosaries cross and medal has turned to gold as well.
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 I see the miracle of the sun everytime I look at it. Pretty cool, not required after the first time but, a nice little reminder of my savior.
prose Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 I have heard of the phenomena, but I have never heard of so many people having it happen before.
Ash Wednesday Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 One of my best friends had her rosary turn to gold at World Youth Day in 1993. One minute it was silver and then, boom -- gold. I've seen the rosary myself.
Hirsap Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 (edited) Just for some perspective, here as an exerpt from an article dealing with criteria for authentic miracles, by Br Alexis Bugnolo* (from the Scholasticum blog): "E.G. many of the miracles alleged at Medjegorgie, such as rosaries turning the color of gold. Most rosaries are made from metal links which are plated; when the plating wears off you can see the gold colored undercoat; such a plating can naturally dissolve in just a short time, since it is only one-atom in thickness. [i]Such an event can occur naturally or by the intervention of a devil. It is not clear sign of divine intervention[/i]." [Emphasis mine.] * Some links of his and possibly some of his writings have ''radtrad'' tendencies , one could argue. Edited February 8, 2008 by Hirsap
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Oh, that's soooo interesting. I've never heard of it happening before... Try googling it, I guess????? God is awesome, y'all!
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 [quote name='Hirsap' post='1457810' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:23 PM']Just for some perspective, here as an exerpt from an article dealing with criteria for authentic miracles, by Br Alexis Bugnolo* (from the Scholasticum blog): "E.G. many of the miracles alleged at Medjegorgie, such as rosaries turning the color of gold. Most rosaries are made from metal links which are plated; when the plating wears off you can see the gold colored undercoat; such a plating can naturally dissolve in just a short time, since it is only one-atom in thickness. [i]Such an event can occur naturally or by the intervention of a devil. It is not clear sign of divine intervention[/i]." [Emphasis mine.] * Some links of his and possibly some of his writings have ''radtrad'' tendencies , one could argue.[/quote] They would not explain the sterling silver rosaries turning gold nor the sterling silver medals nor the rosaries that have never been used turning gold. The miracle of the sun can't be explained by anyone. This is happening to many many people because God is allowing Mary to bring people to his son. Massive conversion campaign by the Mighty One.
jeffpugh Posted February 9, 2008 Posted February 9, 2008 [quote name='29908' post='1457811' date='Feb 8 2008, 05:23 PM']Oh, that's soooo interesting. I've never heard of it happening before... Try googling it, I guess????? God is awesome, y'all![/quote] You're using "y'all" a lot more liberally than most Texans 'round these parts
Mercy me Posted February 9, 2008 Posted February 9, 2008 I have several friends that have had their rosaries turn to gold. It is really cool. For the cynics, the rosaries that I have seen that turned to gold don't seem to tarnish. And one of them is sterling silver.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 9, 2008 Posted February 9, 2008 [quote name='brendan1104' post='1457959' date='Feb 8 2008, 10:17 PM']Every false apparition has to have one. [/quote] "By their fruits you will know them." I have seen many people return to the Church because of Medjegore. Does the devil work against himself?
Ash Wednesday Posted February 9, 2008 Posted February 9, 2008 (edited) I can't speak for Medjugorje (as I'm undecided about it), and I tend to be skeptical about "signs" and "wonders" in general, but I am actually inclined to believe what happened to my friend. It was not something occuring at an apparition site that is under debate, but associated with a church sanctioned event with the pontiff and a side pilgrimmage they made to a St. Cabrini shrine. The basic message she got out of this experience was God and the Blessed Mother calling for mankind to PRAY. There was another incident where someone had a vision or locution of Jesus weeping because of the children that don't want to go to mass because they think it's boring. Normally I would dismiss this kind of thing and I think just the plating wearing off is a plausible explanation. But in her case she had put it in her little rosary pouch -- it was silver then -- and took it out as usual just a short time later, within hours I think -- and it was gold. Not just links and parts of it but the whole thing, except the plastic beads. The other kicker is, it was a vintage rosary, I think her grandmother's -- and was pewter/silver in color all those years prior to this. Other numerous miracles were going on that day, the spinning sun, and other interesting things so I guess that's why I tend to think there was something to it. Edited February 9, 2008 by Ash Wednesday
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now