29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Hey, y'all! I want to go to Medjugorje this summer with a group...It's about 3,000 and I know my family can pay for it... HOWEVER I will be in Italy and Greece for 2 weeks before. Then home for one week. Then I'll be in Medjugorje for 2 weeks. So, that'll be 4 weeks where I can't practice cheerleading at all. All I can do it stretch every night! That's what my parents have a problem with... Any advice? What should I tell them? I REALLY want to go to Medjugorje!!!!!!! Thanks, 29908
Jaime Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 If you haven't already, break out your rosary and pray on it daily. If you're called to go to Medjugorje, that will help make it happen. Oh and welcome to Phatmass Ooooh I'm having a weird psychic vision here... I have this overwhelming sense that there will be people who will post on your thread that Medjugorje is filled with demons and goblins and such. I don't know why that just washed over me. *Whew* psychic stuff wears me out
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 Hahahaha! Thanks, hot stuff. I'm pretty sure that Medj isn't filled with those things, though... : D
Jaime Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 [quote name='29908' post='1457708' date='Feb 8 2008, 03:26 PM']Hahahaha! Thanks, hot stuff. I'm pretty sure that Medj isn't filled with those things, though... : D[/quote] Oh I know it isn't filled with those things. I've been there. But seriously, break out the rosary, pray it daily and the right thing will happen!
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Yep, all you can do is pray. If you are meant to go, it will work out. I am curious though, how can it cost $3,000? That seems like a lot of money to go there. Personally, I think going to Medjugorje is more valuable than cheerleading. That said, you could practice in the fields with the sheep. I am going the day after Easter. Yippeee!!
jeffpugh Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Lawl, while you're at it, help Deb Liberate all her "lambies". For reals, I don't see the art or point of cheerleading, seeing most outfits are immodest, but hey, whatever works for you. I guess it can be a way of staying fit if it's done right. I for one would love to travel. I've never been of the continent before. Count your blessings.
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 Cheerleading is pretty much my life, y'all. Like, I have it 4 times a week for just me- private, 1 hour lessons. And I'm on 2 squads. I want to cheer when I get to college, so working hard right now is what will prepare me. I think that 2 weeks off will be fine, especially because I can have private practices all summer long once I return... I really want to go...and I think God put this in my life at the right time because my world is just falling apart right now.
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 [quote name='Deb' post='1457769' date='Feb 8 2008, 04:36 PM']Yep, all you can do is pray. If you are meant to go, it will work out. I am curious though, how can it cost $3,000? That seems like a lot of money to go there. Personally, I think going to Medjugorje is more valuable than cheerleading. That said, you could practice in the fields with the sheep. I am going the day after Easter. Yippeee!![/quote] Deb, it costs 3k because it's 2 weeks, flight, meals every day, and board... : ) Cheerleading is more than just standing there and smiling. It's tumbling, flipping, jumping, running, stunting... It's serious. : )
goldenchild17 Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' post='1457707' date='Feb 8 2008, 02:25 PM']Ooooh I'm having a weird psychic vision here... I have this overwhelming sense that there will be people who will post on your thread that Medjugorje is filled with demons and goblins and such. I don't know why that just washed over me. *Whew* psychic stuff wears me out[/quote] haha, nah I fought away the urge... this time . Edited February 8, 2008 by goldenchild17
jeffpugh Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Must be hot stuff's uber-Catholic scholarly powers. Lawl
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 Ahh... The crazies have taken over my thread!!!!! Lol! : D
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 [quote name='29908' post='1457785' date='Feb 8 2008, 04:50 PM']Deb, it costs 3k because it's 2 weeks, flight, meals every day, and board... : ) Cheerleading is more than just standing there and smiling. It's tumbling, flipping, jumping, running, stunting... It's serious. : )[/quote] I'm going for eleven days, round trip air fare, two fantastic meals a day, nice bed and breakfast, wine with dinner, all transporation, day in Dubrovnik, meeting with visionaries, trip to Fr. Jozo etc for $1589. I know that cheerleading is a very strenuous sport and that you have to be super fit and agile. I have always had a problem with girls standing on the sidelines cheering on guys in a sport. I think they should be playing the sport themselves. Just me.
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1457772' date='Feb 8 2008, 04:38 PM']Lawl, while you're at it, help Deb Liberate all her "lambies". For reals, I don't see the art or point of cheerleading, seeing most outfits are immodest, but hey, whatever works for you. I guess it can be a way of staying fit if it's done right. I for one would love to travel. I've never been of the continent before. Count your blessings.[/quote] Yes, please smuggle a couple lambies out if you can. Don't tell the airport cuz they have this strange fear of hoof and mouth disease.
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Also, bring back some of the Cherry Brandy that is made in the Village. It is so wonderful and the bottles alone are worth buying it for. $15. Bosnian cigarettes also have the best tobacco in the world. Too bad I quit smoking. I was really looking forward to them. Oh, how old are you? Never mind. Buy lots of rosaries.
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 Hahahaha!!! I'm 17!!!! So, no alcohol or cigs for me! That stuff is yucky anyway! Deb, thanks for your advice about smuggling the sheep out, but I'll pass!!! : D
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 An FYI to everyone- my parents said no. And they meant it. It's over. : ( Life smells of elderberries.
Archaeology cat Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 (edited) [quote name='29908' post='1457825' date='Feb 8 2008, 10:43 PM']An FYI to everyone- my parents said no. And they meant it. It's over. : ( Life smells of elderberries.[/quote] I'm sorry you don't get to go, but I'm sure it won't be the last opportunity you'll have. Continue to pray, and use this time to draw closer to Him. And who knows, maybe they will change their minds? In the end, you may have to wait a little longer to go, but I'm sure you'll be able to go at some point. (I know, not exactly what you want to hear at the moment). Edited February 8, 2008 by Archaeology cat
29908 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Posted February 8, 2008 Yeah... It just seems like my parents always have a reason not to let me go. "It's dangerous there" It's just so maddening.
Deb Posted February 8, 2008 Posted February 8, 2008 Sorry you can't go. Keep praying, save some money, work hard and maybe you can go next year. It isn't dangerous there at all. I have never felt so safe anyplace in my life. My sis and I went out at 3:00. a.m. to climb cross mountain and we didn't even know where we were going. It was fantastic though. Will do it again at night as too chicken to climb it when I see it in daylight.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now