Norseman82 Posted February 27, 2004 Posted February 27, 2004 Both for me... Normally, in the hand, less chance of it slipping and falling to the floor; however, if I'm at a mass where the Blood is being served as well as the Body, I find it personally cumbersome to be trying to put the Body in my mouth myself as I'm being handed the Blood, so it's more practical to receive it on the tongue then.
Jesus_lol Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 like this [img]http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/inferna/inferna0910/inferna091000013/5695186.jpg[/img]
Bennn Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 I receive the Lord on my tongue. As soon as I knew that the possibility exists, I started feeling uncomfortable about receiving Him in my hands. I started having thoughts in the vein of: "Why do this if there is a much more venerable way?" Kneeling just seemed much more biblical and reverant to me. I was a bit afraid at first, but got over that after some time and decided to go for it. I find it an outrage that patens are almost never used anymore, whether you receive Him on the hand or the tongue.
Vincent Vega Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 I just do the "snatch-and-grab". I just reach on in to the bowl full of the Host and grab as big of a handful as I can manage. Sometimes I get a dozen and a half, it varies. The more Jesus, the better, right?
Bennn Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Lil Red' date='29 April 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1272554137' post='2102171'] yay! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] another tongue vs. hand thread! [/quote] They will probably exist until the end of the world.
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Unless maybe Communion on the hand goes out of style before the turn of the next century. According to me this is a plausible idea. :ph34r:
Nihil Obstat Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='29 April 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1272562308' post='2102213'] Unless maybe Communion on the hand goes out of style before the turn of the next century. According to me this is a plausible idea. :ph34r: [/quote] My personal theory is that the indult will be removed within two or three decades. Your way is just as good though.
Resurrexi Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 April 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1272573106' post='2102328'] My personal theory is that the indult will be removed within two or three decades. Your way is just as good though. [/quote] Let us pray that the indult for Communion in the hand will be rescinded!
Lil Red Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 [quote name='Lil Red' date='29 April 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1272554137' post='2102171'] yay! another tongue vs. hand thread! [/quote] yay!
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 [quote name='Lil Red' date='29 April 2010 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1272554137' post='2102171'] yay! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img] another tongue vs. hand thread! [/quote] [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif[/img] There are SO many things to say about this that we haven't discussed yet, like........Uh, I'll get back to you. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/idontknow.gif[/img]
LouisvilleFan Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Dave' date='18 February 2004 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1077082005' post='122645'] Please, I implore y'all, let's NOT turn this into a debate on which method is better!!!!!! [/quote] Seriously? I vote with my tongue. Edited April 30, 2010 by LouisvilleFan
Selah Posted April 30, 2010 Posted April 30, 2010 [quote]I vote with my tongue. [/quote] You voted with your tongue?
CatholicWing Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 I prefer Tongue. But in my country commonly people take Holly Communion in the hand.
Totus Tuus Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 (edited) Nevermind. Edited May 1, 2010 by Totus Tuus
missio_redemptoris Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 I receive on the tongue, because for me, I find it more reverent - I can really enter into the receptivity of the act, of receiving the Lord as an unmerited gift. As long as the Church says either way is okay, than I won't object to either way - [i]as long as[/i] the Lord is received reverently!
Bennn Posted May 1, 2010 Posted May 1, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Selah' date='01 May 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1272666453' post='2102846'] You voted with your tongue? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img] [/quote] ... You mean you don't type and click with your tongue? Edited May 1, 2010 by Bennn
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now