VeraMaria Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Yeah, I was just curious...what type of school do u go to? I go to a Public High School. :D Sorry, another poll....but I wanted to know... :D
cathgirl Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 Polls are fun! I go to a public high school.
Iacobus Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 I go to a public school. Most the people are okay. But it is a small school and options are kind of limited by money, there is not a very big tax base. But I can't really complain they pay my mom, lol. If i do I get in trouble.
Matthew Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 What's wrong with polls? I go to a public school. :)
VeraMaria Posted February 18, 2004 Author Posted February 18, 2004 and i thought most people on phatmass went to catholic school :D
IXpenguin21 Posted February 18, 2004 Posted February 18, 2004 public high school ------> Catholic University!!!
willguy Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 Sweet! I'm an "Other." Here's the deal. I'm a senior in high school. This school is a boarding school on the campus of Northwest Missouri State University. I take all college classes. This is my second year there. So, I technically attend a public, boarding, high school as well as college.
Rebirth flame Posted February 19, 2004 Posted February 19, 2004 As of this second, i am the only one here that goes to a Catholic School... Students here act basically the same as those who go to a public school, except 90% of them claim to be Catholic...
Janana8706 Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 i go to Catholic HS. Its nicer then The public school, but i wouldn't say its the typical Catholic HS
GodsThespianChic Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 I'm in a public HS. It's Ghetto. Notice that capitol G.
rachael Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 public schoo here! but i live in a richer area of town, so the kids tend to be VERY spoiled and stuck up
immaculata Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 Catholic High School!!! :wub: http://www.peorianotredame.com I :wub: my school.
Colleen Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 i go to a non-catholic private college. but i went to a catholic high school. funny, though, my school's affiliated with the lutheran church, but the majority of students are Catholic! :lol:
Thomas Posted February 21, 2004 Posted February 21, 2004 I go to a Catholic High School and I'm proud of it! It strikes me as odd that more people at phatmass don't go Catholic schools. I think the systems are different here in Canada than in the United States. I checked out your school's web-site immaculata! That's VERY different than the Catholic schools in Canada. Tuition: $3,380? Don't you guys have a Catholic School system? We do: http://www.scs.sk.ca/ It works a lot like the public school system. The school's in the Saskatoon Catholic School Board aren't 'privatized'. We don't have to wear uniforms. We almost did, but the voter's killed that notion, God bless them. This topic gives me an idea. Does your city have a web-site? Mine does, it's a great way to learn about the setting that our fellow phatmasser's live in. Before I start the new topic, here's my city's web-site! http://www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/svc/imgbank/index.asp There you can find images of this beautiful city...you may even be able to see my parish: St. Pauls Cathedral. Gee, I hope I'm not giving away too much personal information... 'Ye who hath little faith...' Well, enjoy... -Thomas
rachael Posted February 21, 2004 Posted February 21, 2004 Don't you guys have a Catholic School system? no, unfortunately, the US doesnt that i know of :(
immaculata Posted February 21, 2004 Posted February 21, 2004 I checked out your school's web-site immaculata! That's VERY different than the Catholic schools in Canada. Tuition: $3,380? Don't you guys have a Catholic School system? Yes, the Catholic schools here in the states are considered private institutions, and receive no finiancial backing from the government. In fact, in my state (Illinois), the Catholic schools recently almost lost their accredidation. That means that they would no longer be recognized by the state as an actual school, and colleges would not accept our transcripts. LUCKILY, though, the bill didn't go through. Just goes to show ya.. :ph34r: Financial problems are a huge issue facing Catholic schools. Our bishop recently was forced to close one of our grade schools. It's a shame, really.
Gunga_ann Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 I go to public school. The funny thing is that my school's mascot is a Red Devil. Hehehe. I love going to different retreats and there is a devil on my shoulder. I used to go to a Catholic school, but it only went up to sixth grade. And the closest Catholic high school is like and 45 minutes away. :nerd:
nikkan_hanil Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 I'm theonly Homeschooler. :chinese: :rap:
immaculata Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 Homeschoolers ROCK. I plan to homeschool my kids, but probably only up through grade school. Do you use Seton? I hear it's pretty good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now