An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm A Published Author!

Moosey

Okay so maybe I just wrote a little blurb but I'm still in a book. I contributed to a book called [url="http://www.amazon.com/Why-Do-Catholics-Respond-Questions/dp/0884899152"]Why Do Catholics...?: Teens Respond to Questions about the Faith[/url] a couple of years ago and it was published recently, so I got a free copy in the mail today. I'm on page 107, they got my state wrong but I suppose I should give them props for not butchering my last name.

God bless,
~kathryn

Thy Geekdom Come

Well, at least now we'll have conclusive evidence that it is possible for teens to know things about the faith.

Maybe this will convince all the parents in my parish who think we should just have fun and social time.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1466315' date='Feb 20 2008, 03:56 PM']That's awesome! Now I want to get a copy of this book even though I'm not a teen.[/quote]
You're not a teen? Who knew...?

[quote name='kafka' post='1466309' date='Feb 20 2008, 04:52 PM']you should share the section where you are cited.[/quote]
I'll see what I can do. I actually don't have the original copy because its on my old computer and my old computer is a mess.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1466315' date='Feb 20 2008, 04:56 PM']That's awesome! Now I want to get a copy of this book even though I'm not a teen.[/quote]
Be warned, all of the answers are written by teens for teens. Some of it is lukewarm, but I have to say I'm quite impressed with some of the answers written by the hardcore kids.

[quote][size=5][b]I just started dating someone. How far is too far?[/b][/size]

Kathryn M.
Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, [s]Crookston, Minnesota[/s] Portland, Maine

Dating for many is a way to discern who your future spouse is going to be. This can be a very exciting and enjoyable process if you keep the right perspective in mind, especially during your teenage years. Dating really should be seen as a temporary arrangement, a testing ground for relationships.
Some people will tell you sex is no big deal. Wrong! Sex is a huge deal. It ties two people together forever, even if they never speak to each other again. You can’t escape the memories of sharing the most intimate act of all. That’s why the Church wants us to save sex for the person we commit our live to--the person we marry.
The Church also teaches that staying a virgin means more than just not having sex. It means keeping your mind, body, and spirit sexually pure. Messing around, touching each other in private places, and doing “everything but” just does not fit that picture.
The Church teaches that sexual expression should be a sign of your commitment to another person. Real sex belongs within a real love relationship that will stand the test of time. The Church teaches that sex belongs only in the sacramental marriage.
when dating it is best to concentrate on getting to know one another emotionally and spiritually rather than going too far sexually. Remember that love comes first, marriage second, and sex third.[/quote]

There are maaaaany things I would have done differently in this article. I wish I could write it over again....bummer. :sadwalk:

Laudate_Dominum

Maybe they changed your town and state on purpose since stalkers could look you up based on that information? It isn't a good idea to give out the identity of teens like that because of perverts. Just a thought since if I was the publisher I would probably think of this.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1466344' date='Feb 20 2008, 06:05 PM']Maybe they changed your town and state on purpose since stalkers could look you up based on that information? It isn't a good idea to give out the identity of teens like that because of perverts. Just a thought since if I was the publisher I would probably think of this.[/quote]
Actually, some fellow youth from Maine were in this book and their locations were correct. Mine was just a mess up, which I'm glad of because they put my full name in it so I really don't want people knowing where I live on top of that.