An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Heterosexuals Be Allowed To Breathe?

Apathy

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Era Might' post='1025607' date='Jul 16 2006, 05:03 PM']
I like same sex syllogism.
[/quote]
not bad, not bad. what about same sex syndrome?

too many esses actually. say that ten times fast.

slaphappy solo sexuals
slaphappy solo sexuals
slaphappy solo sexuals
slaphappy solo sexuals

Same sex solidarity simplified sans shoppers

Get it? Men seeking same sex affirmation, simplified without females, who tend to shop.

Edited by Era Might

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Era Might' post='1025613' date='Jul 16 2006, 05:11 PM']
Same sex solidarity simplified sans shoppers

Get it? Men seeking same sex affirmation, simplified without females, who tend to shop.
[/quote]

:topsy: :wacko: :lol_roll:

goldenchild17

Heterosexuals should not be allowed to breathe. We should all just hold our breath until we burst. Then there will be only homosexuals left on earth and the human race would end :).

ilovechrist

[quote name='TempleofVesarius' post='13805' date='Aug 5 2003, 07:57 AM']
takes a deep breathe.....i think breathing should be outlawed by the government, just so i can break a law.
[/quote]

i [i]couldn't agree more[/i] with you Temple. but on the subject of homosexuality--until science shows me otherwise, i simply believe homosexuality to be a mental disorder.

Like a Child

[quote name='ilovechrist' post='1026238' date='Jul 17 2006, 03:12 PM']
i [i]couldn't agree more[/i] with you Temple. but on the subject of homosexuality--until science shows me otherwise, i simply believe homosexuality to be a mental disorder.
[/quote]

Science has actually already shown otherwise. The following is quoted directly from the American Psychological Association:

"Is homosexuality a mental illness or emotional disorder?

No. Psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, mental disorder or an emotional problem. Over 35 years of objective, well-designed scientific research has shown that homosexuality, in and itself,is not associated with mental disorders or emotional or social problems. Homosexuality was once thought to be a mental illness because mental health professionals and society had biased information. In the past the studies of gay, lesbian and bisexual people involved only those in therapy, thus biasing the resulting conclusions. When researchers examined data about these people who were not in therapy, the idea that homosexuality was a mental illness was quickly found to be untrue.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association confirmed the importance of the new, better designed research and removed homosexuality from the official manual that lists mental and emotional disorders. Two years later, the American Psychological Association passed a resolution supporting the removal. For more than 25 years, both associations have urged all mental health professionals to help dispel the stigma of mental illness that some people still associate with homosexual orientation."

[i]Kinda hard to argue with the experts. . .don't ya think?

I don't know how they define "mental", but suffice it to say homosexuality is a sexual disorder.

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1027012' date='Jul 18 2006, 04:12 PM']
Science has actually already shown otherwise. The following is quoted directly from the American Psychological Association:

No. Psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, mental disorder or an emotional problem. Over 35 years of objective, well-designed scientific research has shown that homosexuality, in and itself,is not associated with mental disorders or emotional or social problems. Homosexuality was once thought to be a mental illness because mental health professionals and society had biased information. In the past the studies of gay, lesbian and bisexual people involved only those in therapy, thus biasing the resulting conclusions. When researchers examined data about these people who were not in therapy, the idea that homosexuality was a mental illness was quickly found to be untrue.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association confirmed the importance of the new, better designed research and removed homosexuality from the official manual that lists mental and emotional disorders. Two years later, the American Psychological Association passed a resolution supporting the removal. For more than 25 years, both associations have urged all mental health professionals to help dispel the stigma of mental illness that some people still associate with homosexual orientation."

[/quote]
Actually, it's pretty easy.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=52632"]Been there. Done that.[/url]

[quote name='Socrates' post='1027085' date='Jul 18 2006, 07:48 PM']
Actually, it's pretty easy.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=52632"]Been there. Done that.[/url]
[/quote]

Not with any authority or competence but....

sure

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Like a Child' post='1027012' date='Jul 18 2006, 04:12 PM']

[/quote]

The American Psychiatric Association I'm sure will also say theres nothing wrong with homosexuality in the first place, which is incorrect. If they can be dead wrong about that, why not dead wrong about it being a mental disorder?

BTW they list Alcohol Addiction, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Disorder NOS and Gender Identity as Psychiatric/Mental Disorders. These disorders are also very similar to homosexuality, which by someones free will are at first chosen but commented long enough they suffer from selfmade Psychiatric Disorders, or make themselves slaves of sin, and therefor the devil.

Even being addicted to shopping can be a Psychiatric/Mental Disorder, but not homosexuality? Come on, please <_< get real.

Like a Child

Lions and tigers and homophobes, oh my!

Why are you SO threatened by homosexuality?
What is so disordered in YOU that makes you this defensive and spiteful?
Get OVER it! There will always gay people around to torture your delicate sensibilities

. . .and they'll always dress better than you too. :lol: :P:

I'm no more threatened by sexual attraction to the same sex than I am by sexual attraction to hamburgers. They are both unfortunate disorders of the sexual appetite, and those who suffer from those disorders are called to chastity like everyone else.

But, if you try to marry a hamburger, and force that marriage on society, I have a problem.

Edited by Era Might