Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What State Do you Live In?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Mitchell_b55
Posted (edited)

I was raised in Pennsylvania, have lived on the east coast all of my life, have experienced most of the metropolitan areas, from Boston, to New York, to Philadelphia (I have a plethora of family here), Baltimore, and Washington with some depth and have spent a lot of time in the Vermont and New Hampshire, respectively, as well as a decent bit of time in Connecticut. I am willing to contest the superiority of Pennsylvania or any other state. ^_^ I'm merely joking, of course, for all of you out there that didn't find that funny. I currently live in the Diocese of Erie with H.E. Bishop Trautman as my Bishop. I have spent a lot of time in both Clarion, PA and currently live in Bradford, PA. I don't care if you come and stalk me, it might make life interesting. On Fridays at three I go and get coffee at the Emery Espresso House, without fail. :coffee: Um... Pennsylvania Rules! I know some pretty sweet Catholic's in Pittsburgh and I live within driving distance of [url="http://www.sbu.edu/"]St. Bonaventure University[/url], where I know some of the friars, and have awesome access to a library of 325,000 titles and 11,500 reference titles at the Friedsam Library as well as '9,000 rare books and manuscripts dating from the 12th century up to and including the seminal journals of renowned monastic Thomas Merton, who taught English at St. Bonaventure in the early 1940s'. :think: Wait, Bona is in New York, not Pennsylvania.... I'm never going to recover from this. :D

Edited by petrus_scholasticus
Autumn Dusk
Posted

dude, this is a poll not life history.

Posted

TEXAS.

Yep. I did it with caps lock.

Posted (edited)

Maine, ayuh :snowman:

Edited by Moosey
Autumn Dusk
Posted

Hey Maine-iac!

I have one hyphenated word for you

WHOOPIE-PIES!

Posted

Illinois by way of KY by way of Ohio by way of Connecticut

Posted

[size=1]Minnesota! :woot:
[/size]

Deus te Amat
Posted

Minnesota! wooh!

But like NazFarmer... this time next year I might very well be in Texas. Actually... I'm pretty positive that I will be there. But I shall retain my Minnesotan Loyalties. yeah... :paperbag:

Posted

California!

Posted

[quote name='petrus_scholasticus' post='1473889' date='Mar 7 2008, 11:57 PM']I was raised in Pennsylvania, have lived on the east coast all of my life, have experienced most of the metropolitan areas, from Boston, to New York, to Philadelphia (I have a plethora of family here), Baltimore, and Washington with some depth and have spent a lot of time in the Vermont and New Hampshire, respectively, as well as a decent bit of time in Connecticut. I am willing to contest the superiority of Pennsylvania or any other state. ^_^ I'm merely joking, of course, for all of you out there that didn't find that funny. I currently live in the Diocese of Erie with H.E. Bishop Trautman as my Bishop. I have spent a lot of time in both Clarion, PA and currently live in Bradford, PA. I don't care if you come and stalk me, it might make life interesting. On Fridays at three I go and get coffee at the Emery Espresso House, without fail. :coffee: Um... Pennsylvania Rules! I know some pretty sweet Catholic's in Pittsburgh and I live within driving distance of [url="http://www.sbu.edu/"]St. Bonaventure University[/url], where I know some of the friars, and have awesome access to a library of 325,000 titles and 11,500 reference titles at the Friedsam Library as well as '9,000 rare books and manuscripts dating from the 12th century up to and including the seminal journals of renowned monastic Thomas Merton, who taught English at St. Bonaventure in the early 1940s'. :think: Wait, Bona is in New York, not Pennsylvania.... I'm never going to recover from this. :D[/quote]


[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1473920' date='Mar 8 2008, 12:16 AM']dude, this is a poll not life history.[/quote]


I'd like to hear more!


Minnesota

Church Punk
Posted

No state just a province!

Posted

Mother of Presidents
Queen of the Confederacy
The grand and glorious Commonwealth of Virginia

let_go_let_God
Posted

Wow, I didn't know there were so many Minnesotans.

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

the land flowin with beer & coagulated milk

Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1474964' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:29 PM']Wow, I didn't know there were so many Minnesotans.

God bless-
LGLG[/quote]

There's a lot more from "none in this section"

Rosemary's Goddaughter
Posted

Another Illinoisan. This time next year I have no idea where I'll be. Suggestions more than welcome- provided you can find a place to teach Latin.

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1474644' date='Mar 9 2008, 04:24 PM']Minnesota! wooh!

But like NazFarmer... this time next year I might very well be in Texas. Actually... I'm pretty positive that I will be there. But I shall retain my Minnesotan Loyalties. yeah... :paperbag:[/quote]
You better or :snowman: will come and eat you!

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1474964' date='Mar 10 2008, 12:29 PM']Wow, I didn't know there were so many Minnesotans.

God bless-
LGLG[/quote]
There used to be more, when Homeschoolmom and Terra were around. It's just cuz we're the greatest state!

filiusInFilio
Posted

[quote name='rkwright' post='1473930' date='Mar 8 2008, 01:23 AM']TEXAS.

Yep. I did it with caps lock.[/quote]

alright!!!

You know you're from Tejas when:

You say “Yes, ma’am” and “Yes, sir” to your own parents.

• You’ve ever driven 2 hours just to eat lunch, and then driven back.

• “Spring” is the grass being green for two weeks - then it’s brown...for the rest of the year.

• Directions include "down yonder".

• The rivalry between A&M and UT results in some people’s ideas of good and evil... and don’t even bring up OU.

• There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a population of 1000 or more.

• You see more roadkill on the highway than cars.

• The speed limit on the freeway is 70 but you are stuck behind a tractor (or john deere tractor) going 15.

• You know exactly who has been down your dirt road by the tire tracks...

• You can make a U-turn ANYWHERE you want... regardless of what the signs say.

• You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

• You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.

• School gets canceled for 1/2 an inch of snow, your "snowmen" are less than 2 feet tall, and a majority of it is sand and leaves.

• You have BEEN HIT by a deer, but have yet to hit one.

• You know that roadrunners don’t say Beep Beep.

• You know the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.

• Hot water comes out of both taps.

• You realize asphalt has a liquid state.

• You have known someone who has had one belt buckle bigger than your fist.

• You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" is – and you know better than to go “snipe hunting”.

• School is cancelled for Stock Show/Rodeo.

• You have 5 pairs of boots and they all serve different purposes.
1) Work boots
2) Rodeo boots
3) Dress boots
4) Casual boots
5) Huntin’ boots

JUST TO NOTE:
It's a common misconception that everything is twice as big in Texas, really, everything is 1.965 times bigger, but we round up.

It's a common misconception that we have killer bees, fire ants, gigantic roaches and mosquitoes and other awful insects, tornadoes, hurricanes, and damaging hailstorms. We tend to think of them as a few bitty bugs and a bad hair day.

Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:

“You wanna coke?”
“Yeah.”
“What kind?”
“Dr. Pepper.”


Oh i love it!

Posted

Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:

“You wanna coke?”
“Yeah.”
“What kind?”
“Dr. Pepper.”
Oh i love it!
[/quote]
:lol_roll:
Can you hear me or somethin?????

Yep! we are from :texas:


:farmer:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...