An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sexual Objectification In Marriage

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='apparent' post='1488968' date='Mar 30 2008, 07:26 PM']After over 25 years of marriage, I still find my wife attractive and desirable. We've grown old and fat, cancer has ravaged and mutilated her body (total mastectomy) and yet nothing has change about our intimate time together. You could call it sexual objectification, you could call it lust, but this feeling of desirability, for each other has enhanced has enriched our lives together.

I remain committed exclusively to my spouse, forever in body and soul.

:kiss:[/quote]

Aww, that's actually pretty sweet. I hope God blesses me with a marriage like that someday. :)

[quote name='Socrates' post='1478389' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:52 PM']I think the primary issue here is confusion over the meaning of words.
Physical sexual attraction or pleasure does not neccesarily equal "objectification" nor "lust" in the sinful sense (though the word "lust" is often used this way in contemporary language).
Objectification is using a person purely as a means to a selfish end.

Though I'm speaking as a clueless single guy, I don't think it's objectively wrong for married sex to get "hot and dirty" so long as no intrinsically immoral acts are being committed.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. Even most non-Catholics dislike being seen as nothing more than sex objects. Plus, everyone knows that selfish lovers, who are only interested in satisfying themselves, don't exactly make good lovers.

Edited by BeenaBobba

rizz_loves_jesus

Ugh. They now understand what I meant, and keep nodding their heads and saying "Yes, that's okay." It's disgusting. I've used the terms "use his wife to masturbate," "use his wife as a sex toy/vibrator," "see her as nothing more than a 'thing,'" and they STILL keep saying it's morally defensible to do that! Ugh!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1492920' date='Apr 5 2008, 03:37 PM']Ugh. They now understand what I meant, and keep nodding their heads and saying "Yes, that's okay." It's disgusting. I've used the terms "use his wife to masturbate," "use his wife as a sex toy/vibrator," "see her as nothing more than a 'thing,'" and they STILL keep saying it's morally defensible to do that! Ugh![/quote]
Glad I'm not married to them. I mean, really, how would they feel if their wives thought of them like that?