thessalonian Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 (edited) Last night I had a dream that I was handing out communion (I am not an extraordinary minister and have never done it). People were comming up and having conversations around me and I was walking up to them and handing them the Eucharist without saying "the body of Christ". They would very causually take it and eat it like they were just slamming down normal food, then going back to their conversations. Then this beatnik looking guy came up to me with his wife or girlfriend and took it from me. He said "get on there". I said "it becomes jesus at the consecration by the priest". He said "My Jesus gets on when I tell him to". . It was all very strange. Edited March 28, 2008 by thessalonian
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Thats a really bizarre dream. I had a dream about a week ago that I was giving birth to triplets. Sometimes dreams are just nonsense, and sometimes they are a mixture of a bunch of random stuff we encounter throughout the day. (No, I am not pregnant. lol)
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Dude, that's a nightmare. I had a vivid dream like that years ago except it was kind of like a McDonald's Mass (the EMs even had McDonalds type suits) but the general tone of the dream sounds the same. Even though it was just a weird dream I think it did contribute to my deeper interest in the extraordinary form. lol.
Autumn Dusk Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Sounds like an anxiety dream where this represents something else in your life. We all know that the Eucharist is sacred...has something else "sacred" in your life been disturbed or defiled?
thessalonian Posted March 28, 2008 Author Posted March 28, 2008 (edited) Not that I can think of. I think I ate too much pizza last night. Howie Mandel's goatee on deal or no deal might have had something to do with it also. Edited March 28, 2008 by thessalonian
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 [quote name='thessalonian' post='1486649' date='Mar 28 2008, 10:32 AM']Not that I can think of. I think I ate too much pizza last night. Howie Mandel's goatee on deal or no deal might have had something to do with it also. [/quote]
SaintOlaf Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 His bald head usually gives me nightmares, not so much the goatee....
thessalonian Posted March 28, 2008 Author Posted March 28, 2008 It was just that last night I watched the show for a few minutes and I really noticed it. Then in the dream that was the thing that stuck out about this beatnik guy the most.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1486679' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:51 PM']+J.M.J.+ his eyes kinda phreak me out [/quote] I always remember that movie where he played a guy who'd been raised by dogs or something.... I forget what it was now it was so long ago that I watched it... but I distinctly remember the part where he runs after the fire truck. After that I can't really take him seriously.
Lil Red Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1486690' date='Mar 28 2008, 11:02 AM']I always remember that movie where he played a guy who'd been raised by dogs or something.... I forget what it was now it was so long ago that I watched it... but I distinctly remember the part where he runs after the fire truck. After that I can't really take him seriously.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ you're up late. or is it early?
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Late. I was waiting for Matt to get home--he was driving a track vehicle home from a training exercise. But he's home now so I'm heading to bed in a few minutes.
picchick Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 dreams and I do not get along right now. That is a wierd one though.
T-Bone _ Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1486699' date='Mar 28 2008, 10:08 AM']Late. I was waiting for Matt to get home--he was driving a track vehicle home from a training exercise. But he's home now so I'm heading to bed in a few minutes. [/quote] They let you drive the track vehicle home? How come the recruiters didn't tell me that?
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1487147' date='Mar 28 2008, 09:00 PM']They let you drive the track vehicle home? How come the recruiters didn't tell me that?[/quote] lol Well, not home-home, home-back to the base. A track wouldn't fit down our narrow street anyway.
farglefeezlebut Posted March 29, 2008 Posted March 29, 2008 A few weeks ago I dreamed that my cat gave birth to an assortment of rabbits, guinea-pigs and puppies. I wouldn't take your dreams too seriously.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now